What's new

Blu-ray outselling HD DVD? (2 Viewers)

Austan

Second Unit
Real Name
austan nguyen
If they compared the first 6 weeks of HD-DVD sales to the first 6 weeks of Blu-Ray sales it doesnt make any sense...

HD-DVD sold out 10,000 units almost immediately and it took a while for new shipments to come in. In the article it says that Blu-Ray out sold HD-DVD the first 3 weeks and HD-DVD out sold Blu-Ray the 2nd 3 weeks.

I thought that it took a while for another shipment. So there would be no HD DVD units available in weeks 4-6.

Shawn Perron

Supporting Actor
That section you are talking about is dealing with the 6 weeks after the Samsung shipped. The Samsung beat HD-DVD with 54% of the sales, but it was outsold during the last 3 weeks of the 6.

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
That is a poorly written article that just seems to glaze over certain numbers which dont tell the whole story.

I'm sure as the PS3 gets released we will see plenty of promo units ship / pro BD articles.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I respect that, comendable. It is funny that people defend these formats like religion. Crazy, but funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks