What's new

Blu-ray MIA at LG Dealers Show (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Looks like LG is snubbing BD just as it did HD-DVD and the Combo playerby pushing off it's delivery. FYI.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

You are right, it is delayed. Pretty much like their Combo and HD drives.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

And just what does this mean? Not a product at CES, just a solution?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Message from Headquarters "Beta-Delta" to our enemy in this war.

Cursed are your guts (and those of your equipment)!

But, please, do not show up at the battlefield as planned. We will not be there: we have *delayed* most of our plans. So no use in trying to fight us.
Some of the tanks will arrive in a month's time, many of the planes have not been delivered according to schedule (caused by a lack of turbos).
Most of the men are nowhere to be seen.

Rest assured that we will wait for you, bastards, in due time! Nothing has been canceled, although the big launch of our rockets will appear later. WE WILL WIN THIS WAR. We just don't know when. Have patience!

We have kindly sent you some messengers to tell everyone exactly why we will win: mainly, it's the bigger support we enjoy, as well as more space on our side of the field. When we arrive, that is.

See you later!

General S.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Cees...anyone who relies on LG to win a war is in big trouble.

I'll even go so far as to hope they support HD DVD ,that's what I think of LG. :laugh:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If LG can offer a Blu-ray player at a lower price point than we're currently seeing on the market, I wouldn't be so quick to laugh. I don't know what their machine will retail for, but with almost everything BD now selling for north of $1K, a less expensive player would do nothing but help.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Many companies build mock-up or test units so they can be ready for release when the time is right. But it is telling when it is, as the original post artical stated, 'MIA' in their own annual Marketing Conference'.

Pioneer BD players can be currently viewed at many BB's and the final specs of the Production unit are still being set. As a side note, any one care to take a bet that Toshiba has a working BD player they designed somewhere in their development department.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Cees

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Somehow...LG not showing up to this party is like Commodore announcing they have decided not to support N64 at this time but will review the matter at a later date. This news is irrelevance bordering on the redundant and worthy of note on the Salvation Army's "junk for sale" bulletin board.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Again, not at all irrelevant if LG can put a BD player on the market at or around $500.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Actually, compared to Philips or RCA, I would take the LG in a heart beat. And if any one can bring in the 500.00 BD player, it would be LG. That would be a boon to the BD market place and would certainly shift the hardware sales momentum.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Tried to watch the video but the sound was so garbled couldn't tell what they were talking about. So the relevance of the post was lost. If it was to show that LG has produced a working BD player, no kidding. If this player is any more than a mock up, or expected to go into production, well that is another thing entirely. To me it seems that LG has taken a 'Let's wait and see' attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks