What's new

Blu-Ray Just Has Blu-Ray, Right? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
By that, I mean there is only blu-ray and not SD on the disc? I know some HD's were multi-format. I don't have a HT blu-ray player, but do have a blu-ray player/burner on my pc and a regular dvd burner/player on my pc.

I rented Spiderman 2 from netflix in blu-ray and it plays on either drive and doesn't look that good. No where on the disc artwork does it say blu-ray. I'm think netflix sent me an sd disc, even though the sleeve it's in says blu-ray.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There's no way a regular CD/DVD burner drive is going to read a blu-ray disc, so you're right in that Netflix send you the SD version of Spider-Man 2.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Thanks. I thought there was possibility of dual formats, and that's why I asked. Combined with the fact it doesn't look that good, it ain't no blu-ray.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In addition to what Patrick said, the Blu Ray disc tells you so on the label. While Spidey 2 isn't a absolute top tier disc, it should easily best the SD version.

The BR version also includes the Regular PG-13 and the Spiderman 2.1 (Extended Unrated) version on the same disc -- also stated on the label. That is the case for S2 in the Trilogy Boxset which I think is still the only way to buy Spidey 2 BD. I'm guessing Netflix is splitting the boxset into individual movies when they get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
absplumbing
Recent bookmarks