What's new

International Blu-ray discs from Spain (1 Viewer)

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Mark-P said:
There have been reports that these Spanish Blu-rays from Resen are BD-Rs. Any truth to that? They are much cheaper than their Twilight Time counterparts but I've been reluctant to take a gamble.
Douglas R said:
It looks like a normal pressed disc and I don't think a BD-R would have such a large number of alternate language and sub-title options. It's region free by the way.
I can at least confirm for Résens BD of "Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia" that this is a regular BD, no BD-R.

starwanderer

Auditioning
Real Name
Manuel
I would avoid buying any Resen titles as the quality is usually sub-par. Furthermore, it's not clear they have acquired the rights to release a title legally. Other distributors to be avoided: Llamentol and VerticeHere is a list of Spanish blu ray titles released as BD-R taken from the Spanish site www.mundodvd.com.http://www.mundodvd.com/blu-ray-listado-de-ediciones-formato-blu-ray-r-114664/I'm sorry the titles are in Spanish. A ciegas (Vértice)Air America (Resen)Alí Babá y los cuarenta ladrones (Resen)Amanecer (Resen) (*)Ángeles sin brillo (Resen)Arenas de muerte (Llamentol)Asalto al Queen Mary (Llamentol)Bailando con vampiros (Yowu Entertainment)Balas sobre Broadway (Vértice)Basic (Vértice)Berlín occidente (Resen)Boeing boeing (Resen)Buenas noches y buena suerte (Vértice)Cabalgata (Llamentol) Cabin fever 2 (Vértice)Camino de Oregón (Resen)Capitán América (1990 - Llamentol)Capitán Carey (Llamentol)Carta a 3 esposas (Resen)Caza salvaje (Resen)Chantaje (Vértice)Cielo amarillo (Resen)Código del hampa (Resen)Cuba (Resen)De hombre a hombre (Resen)Desmembrados (Vértice) (*)Doce del patíbulo (Resen) (*)Drácula (Resen)Duelo de titanes (Resen)Duelo final (Llamentol) El americano (Resen)El apartamento (Sotelysa)El barco de los locos (Llamentol)El barón Mr. Sardonicus (Resen)El barón rojo (Resen)El caso de Thelma Jordon (Resen)El circulo de hierro (Llamentol)El color de la noche (Resen)El conquistador de Mongolia (Resen)El diablo burlado (Impulso)El enemigo público (Llamentol)El final de la cuenta atrás (Resen)El grito 3 (Vértice)El halcón maltés (Sotelysa)El hombre del brazo de oro (Resen)El hombre del oeste (Resen)El jardín del diablo (Resen)El justiciero (Resen)El libro negro (Vértice)El milagro de las campanas (Resen)El motel del infierno (Llamentol)El poni rojo (Llamentol)El proceso de Billy Mitchell (Resen)El sexto fugitivo (Resen)El último atardecer (Resen)El visitante del más allá (Llamentol)Enrique V (Resen)Enviado especial (Resen)Espíritu de conquista (Resen)Exam (Vértice)Faldas de acero (Resen)Flecha rota (Resen)Fort apache (Vértice)Fuerza siete (Llamentol) Fuga de Colditz (Llamentol)Ha llegado el águila (LaCasaDelCineParaTodos)Historias extraordinarias (Layons Multimedia) Jack el destripador (Llamentol)King Kong (Ed. coleccionista Vértice)Klass (Vértice) La caída de la casa Usher (Resen)La cueva de los foragidos (Resen)La dama de Shanghai (Resen)La habitación de Fermat (Vértice)La India en llamas (Resen)La isla de las almas perdidas (Impulso)La isla de las cabezas cortadas (Resen)La leyenda del Llanero Solitario (Resen)La maldición de Frankenstein (Llamentol)La montaña siniestra (Llamentol)La mosca (1958 - Resen)La mujer de fuego (Resen)La mujer pirata (Resen)La noche del demonio (Resen)La pequeña tierra de Dios (Resen)La pradera sin ley (Resen)La reina de Cobra (Resen)La resistencia de los muertos (Vértice)Lanza rota (Resen)Las campanas de Santa María (Resen)Las novias de Drácula (Llamentol)Lío en los grandes almacenes (Resen)Los asaltantes de Kansas (Resen)Los duelistas (Resen)Los héroes del tiempo (Resen)Los implacables (Resen)Los mejores años de nuestra vida (Suevia)Los misterios de Egipto (Llamentol) Los panzers de la muerte (Resen)Los valientes andan solos (Resen)Los valientes visten de negro (Llamentol) Madame Bovary (Llamentol)Mando siniestro (Resen)Masters of horror - El baile de los muertos (Vértice)Masters of horror - El fin del mundo en 35mm (Vértice)Masters of horror - El gato negro (Vértice)Masters of horror - Esculturas humanas (Vértice)Masters of horror - Family (Vértice)Masters of horror - Jenifer (Vértice)Masters of horror - La cosa maldita (Vértice)Masters of horror - Metamorfosis (Vértice)Masters of horror - Pieles (Vértice)Masters of horror - Pro-Vida (Vértice)Masters of horror - Salvaje instinto animal (Vértice)Masters of horror - Sensaciones extremas (Vértice)Masters of horror - Tras las paredes (Vértice)Masters of horror - Valerie en la escalera (Vértice)Me casé con una bruja (Resen)Me enamoré de una bruja (Resen)Messengers 2 (Vértice)Navidades blancas (Resen)Nido de avispas (Resen)Noches blancas (Llamentol)Ong-Bak (Vértice)Oro sangriento - Sabata (Resen)Ovejas asesinas (Vértice)Papá piernas largas (Resen)Perro blanco (Llamentol)Quantez (Llamentol)Que el cielo la juzgue (Llamentol)Que viene Valdez (Resen)Río Conchos (Llamentol)Río Rojo (Llamentol)Rogue, el territorio de la besia (Vértice)Salvador (Resen)Sangre y arena (Resen)Sed de mal (Resen)Serenata nostálgica (Llamentol)Sinuhé el egipcio (Llamentol)Smart people (Vértice) Sólo el valiente (Resen)Soplo salvaje (Resen)Storm warning (Vértice)Taras Bulba (Llamentol)Tenderness (Vértice)Thai-Dragon (Vértice)Timerider (Llamentol)Un Dios prohibido (Llamentol) Un grito en la niebla (Resen)Una vez no basta (Resen)Venus era mujer (Llamentol)Veracruz (Resen)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
In Barcelona today I picked up the following Blu Rays ( All under $10) HOW TO STEAL A MILLION

FROM NOON TILL THREE

THE WANDERERS

MOSQUITO COAST

THE CONQUEROR

STAGECOACH (1966)

MONTE WALSH

THE KING AND FOUR QUEENS

PRIME CUT

SOMETHING BIG

I'll be curious to see how they look when play then when I'm back in New York.

I also picked up TARAS BULBA...hoping it is in stereo!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Ken Koc said:
In Barcelona today I picked up the following Blu Rays ( All under $10) HOW TO STEAL A MILLION

FROM NOON TILL THREE

THE WANDERERS

MOSQUITO COAST

THE CONQUEROR

STAGECOACH (1966)

MONTE WALSH

THE KING AND FOUR QUEENS

PRIME CUT

SOMETHING BIG

When you've watched them, please let us know how good they are.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
The Chaplin Mutuals out of Spain are direct from the Cineteca Bologna restorations. The Flicker Alley disks have the same transfers but for some inexplicable reason they changed the frame rate or added frames without conforming the soundtrack. The music is out of sync on the Flicker Alley release, but it's spot on in the Spanish blu-ray.

I also watched the Spanish disk of Night of the Demon the other night. Spectacular transfer! I've never seen this film looking this good.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Is Night of the Demon the full-length version (as suggested by the title), is it a pressed disc, and where did you order it? Sorry for so many questions.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
It's the full 95 minute version of the film. It's a real blu-ray not burn on demand. I got it at amazon.es for under 10 euro. I think there is a French one that has both versions, but it costs a lot more and I really don't care about the short US version.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Just watched bluray of LION IN WINTER Print was almost in perfect condition..

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
ABaglivi said:
I recently returned the Spanish Blu-ray of Cobra Woman because it turned out to be MOD and was not sold as such. On the other hand, Moulin Rouge (1952) was just fine, licensed from ITV.

My copy of Cobra Woman was replicated, not MOD. Did you buy yours at Amazon?

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
I bought the Spanish Cobra Woman Blu from Daaveedee. I now have the German Blu and it is beautiful.

TomSureVid2

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom

FROM NOON TILL THREE

THE WANDERERS

MOSQUITO COAST

THE CONQUEROR

STAGECOACH (1966)

MONTE WALSH

THE KING AND FOUR QUEENS

PRIME CUT

SOMETHING BIG

Dear Ken Koc,
Was your spanish, Blu-ray of TARAS BULBA, in true stereo? You never said one way or another. Thanks!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yes it was. I stopped getting blu rays from Spain because so many were bootlegs. :-(
Yeah. I won't go near a Spanish Blu-ray disc for that same reason. For me, it's just not worth the trouble. If it's legit, it'll come out in another country pretty soon anyway.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Sometimes the Spanish editions are very useful. My 'My Fair Lady' disc from Region A wouldn't play properly on my Oppo but the Spanish disc I bought out of frustration was flawless, and quite obviously not a bootleg. Something different in the replication?
I also found both my Spanish complete Sherlock Holmes (Brett and Rathbone) to be wonderful editions, and very economical! NOt sure how totally legit they were though.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I will give credit to Spain many years ago when they released on dvd Orson Welles's Chimes at Midnight which was hard to find on any format. Not the best copy of the film but i was able to see it.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Thanks for your reply!
I'll probably get the 2019 Koch version then - that is stereo too!
Yup, the Koch Taras Bulba is in stereo & the picture looks good & is very clean. I'm happy with it.

As for Spain, they do some good releases, & having a look around Amazon.es usually tells you if it's a bootleg or not. Have a look at who's releasing it (I think Resen is a no-no) & read the comments, the Spanish are very critical of, & mark down the boots.

TomSureVid2

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
Yup, the Koch Taras Bulba is in stereo & the picture looks good & is very clean. I'm happy with it.

As for Spain, they do some good releases, & having a look around Amazon.es usually tells you if it's a bootleg or not. Have a look at who's releasing it (I think Resen is a no-no) & read the comments, the Spanish are very critical of, & mark down the boots.
Thanks, that is very helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks