What's new

International BLU-RAY DISCS FROM GERMANY (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't think that is terrible. Amazon Germany has it listed with a release date of December 31, so seems like an end of the year kind of thing.

A date that far forward is just a place holder. There's obviously a problem, so it could be the end of the year, or hopefully sooner, or never, depending on what the problem is.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
A date that far forward is just a place holder. There's obviously a problem, so it could be the end of the year, or hopefully sooner, or never, depending on what the problem is.

Well, there could be many reasons for a release date switch, not all of them would be classified as a problem. Seems unlikely there would a problem with the scan of the film as that was done a year or more ago, so the issue, whatever it is, is likely something to do with production of the discs. With the way things have been getting delayed because disc manufacturers are apparently a bit swamped, particularly it seems on some of these European based releases, it might be that they bumped production of the discs because other releases have priority. Waterloo being what would be thought of as an obscure release and there are a lot of other discs they want pressed prior to Christmas.

I just don't think it is a problem at this point. If the disc ends up getting more than one delay then that's a problem.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've never seen Three Violent People. Any good (the cast looks great)?
It's been a very long time since I last saw this film. What I remember most is that there is some motif that Sergio Leone used in one of his movies. I'd love to have this one in my collection but, like Robert Crawford, I have most of the other titles already.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
It's been a very long time since I last saw this film. What I remember most is that there is some motif that Sergio Leone used in one of his movies. I'd love to have this one in my collection but, like Robert Crawford, I have most of the other titles already.
At least there are three unreleased Blu-rays in the set and it's priced low. I just wonder about the quality with that many films on three discs.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I just noticed one of my favorite films and Westerns from the 1960s, Rough Night In Jerico is available on Blu-ray from Germany. I ordered it. The Universal MOD DVD looks quite nice so I am excited to get the HD version.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07NHPMMSN/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

upload_2019-5-15_22-51-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-15_22-46-45.png
    upload_2019-5-15_22-46-45.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 113

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

greg.shoemaker

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gregory Shoemaker
Does anyone know if the German blu-ray of Die Liebe der Jeanne Ney has English subtitles of the German intertitles? I apologize if this has been discussed earlier. Thank you.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
UK’s Signal One Entertainment has been touting the release of The Gunfighter on Blu-ray for some time, but keeps putting it back - lately to July 29.

Hopefully, Koch Media will not play a similar game of kick-the-can with its release announced for 22 August, including English as well as German subtitles:

https://www.amazon.de/Scharfschütze-Gunfighter-Blu-ray-Gregory-Peck/dp/B07RN389BV/

Another wonderful teaming-up of director Henry King with Gregory Peck.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have to think Twilight Time is going to release this before the year's out so I'm going to forego any other Region BD release. In the meantime, I have the HD digital of it on iTunes so I'm going to watch it this coming week to evaluate the video quality of it. If it's good then it will help me remain patient for a Region A BD Release.:)

Last edited:

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I have to think Twilight Time is going to release this before the year's out so I'm going to forego any other Region BD release. In the meantime, I have the HD digital of it on iTunes so I'm going to watch it this coming week to evaluate the video quality of it. If it's good then it will help me remain patient for a Region A BD Release.:)

I’d be happy if you turn out to be right about that.

Even happier if TT also releases another title Signal One has been kicking along - Nightmare Alley.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be looking forward to reading your comments about that streaming transfer. I've been tempted a couple of times to buy it.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Twilight Time stated on facebook this week that there are no plans for any more Gregory Peck’s titles at this time. I guess this eliminates chances for them releasing The Gunfighter and The Man in the Grey Flannel Suit.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas

jra66

Agent
Real Name
Jason Ader
Well according to the site that lists German forthcoming releases it's from Universal (although they are all Paramount films), & that the three Blu-rays are BD-25. Nine films on three Blu-rays, & single layer Blu-rays at that. Something not quite right there.

https://bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/132039-9_movie_western_collection_vol_1_3_discset

Anybody receive the Western Collection yet? Mine has shipped but won't arrive until the middle of June... Thoughts on PQ and confirmation if these are BD-50 or 25?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks