What's new

International BLU-RAY DISCS FROM GERMANY (2 Viewers)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Only ordered from Amazon Germany once, and the order took a solid 4 weeks to get to me. In my early days with Amazon US, I did have 1 parcel which, somehow, got sent back to the warehouse before it ever reached me. Probably one of those 'glitches'.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
classicmovieguy said:
Only ordered from Amazon Germany once, and the order took a solid 4 weeks to get to me. In my early days with Amazon US, I did have 1 parcel which, somehow, got sent back to the warehouse before it ever reached me. Probably one of those 'glitches'.
Thanks. That sets my mind at ease. Knowing that shipping from Germany is just ridiculously slow. Every day I go out to the mailbox, find no package, and then my blood-pressure rises. It's unlikely that 2 shipments in a row will get misdirected and returned.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Shipping from Germany is very slow (to Australia at least), but I love shopping from the UK, because orders normally fly in within a week, 10 days at the latest. The States varies, depending on the season.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Ah, it vice versa now?! :lol:

Since this year, my orders from Amazon.com to Germany take usually more than 4 weeks.
Just last week I received a package that was shipped 7 1/2 weeks before...

So, it seems there is no need to worry. It'll just take a little longer than we're used to.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The remake of The Getaway (1994) is released in Germany on the 25th of September. No masterpiece, but I think it's a good movie & I just about prefer it to the original.
This now says currently unavailable on Amazon de, it also says Warner are the studio, whereas before it said Universal. So maybe it'll be a mainstream Warner release, I hope so.

nigel19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
nigel
Here in the UK orders from German usually take about a week . I have the new Blu of Curse of the Werewolf on order at the moment.
Ironically I try to order from Amazon Canada where possible as they use DHL and UPS even if you choose the cheapest postage . So if I order from Amazon Canada on a Monday the item is usually delivered Thursday or Friday .
None of the other Amazon sites seem to use these speedy delivery services as standard for all international items

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Here in Brooklyn I've had few problems with the European Amazons; 10 days is the latest I've had to wait in recent months. UK and Fr are sometimes as quick as four days.

Roger Grodsky

Stunt Coordinator
Here in the Midwest, Amazon.de takes three to four weeks. I recently received a package containing TARANTULA, PRETTY POISON, COBRA WOMAN and BEDAZZLED. France is similar; UK pretty quick.

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
nigel19 said:
Ironically I try to order from Amazon Canada where possible as they use DHL and UPS even if you choose the cheapest postage . So if I order from Amazon Canada on a Monday the item is usually delivered Thursday or Friday .
None of the other Amazon sites seem to use these speedy delivery services as standard for all international items
I order quite a bit from Amazon.jp, and they use DHL and it includes tracking and I usually have it in 2 days.

My orders from Amazon.de vary wildly, the quickest has been 8 days, the longest 31.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Bob Cashill said:
Here in Brooklyn I've had few problems with the European Amazons; 10 days is the latest I've had to wait in recent months. UK and Fr are sometimes as quick as four days.
10 days latest from Europe to US is great, that's the amount of time UK to Germany takes usually...

nigel19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
nigel
Scott511 said:
I order quite a bit from Amazon.jp, and they use DHL and it includes tracking and I usually have it in 2 days.

My orders from Amazon.de vary wildly, the quickest has been 8 days, the longest 31.

The only item I've ever ordered from Amazon Japan was the Columbo Bluray set but I assumed they used the courier because the item was several hundred dollars in value .
Do they use DHL for standard postage even if you order single Blurays ?
Main downside is that most Japanese product is ridiculously expensive .
I was looking to buy UFO but nearly £200 for it is way over the top

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Received the Burt Lancaster western Blu-ray, Valdez Is Coming today, very nice looking transfer & only nine euro (plus p&p)....& I understand it's multi-region.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Billy Batson said:
Received the Burt Lancaster western Blu-ray, Valdez Is Coming today, very nice looking transfer & only nine euro (plus p&p)....& I understand it's multi-region.
Thanks for the info. I just ordered it and My Darling Clementine, which is also nicely priced.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Mark-P said:
Just wondering, does anybody else have trouble receiving orders to the US from Amazon.de?
I placed an order for 3 items including the Woody Allen Box set and it shipped out on July 5th. After a month I notified them that I had still not received it. So they reshipped the order at no charge on August 6th. Around August 15th they let me know that the first shipment had been returned to them (no reason why was given). Now it's almost 3 weeks since they reshipped and I'm beginning to get nervous that this shipment may also fail. What gives? I guarantee they have the correct address.
Yes. I had to have them resend me an entire shipment after waiting 7 weeks for it. Part of that missing shipment arrived a month later.

I will never order from them again unless it's an order that comes with a tracking number. Which means at the very least, a 14.00 Euro shipping charge for priority shipping.

nigel19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
nigel
My Amazon Germany Blu of Curse of the Werewolf arrived today only 2 days after shipping . I suspect they had stock in the UK for release date.

It's region B locked but its 1.85:1 , nice quality and even includes the 45 minute documentary that appears on the UK Final Cut steelbook.

All subs are removeable on the extras and the feature.

One annoying thing is they've included the comic book adaptation from House of Hammer but unsurprisingly its in German even though the cover is the English cover .

All in all a bit pricey but worth getting for dedicated Hammer fans as a UK Final Cut Blu might be in 2:1 and a US release looks a long way off . As the documentary is included there's really nothing missing at all.

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
nigel19 said:
The only item I've ever ordered from Amazon Japan was the Columbo Bluray set but I assumed they used the courier because the item was several hundred dollars in value .
Do they use DHL for standard postage even if you order single Blurays ?
Main downside is that most Japanese product is ridiculously expensive .
I was looking to buy UFO but nearly £200 for it is way over the top
I've ordered 4 Blu rays under $30 at 4 different times, and all were sent by DHL.

My other orders were all over $100, and they were sent the same way with DHL.

I also have Columbo and UFO on the radar. Almost pulled the trigger on Columbo last week.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
John Hermes said:
I ordered The Benny Goodman Story from Amazon Germany and will report on it once I receive it.
Got it in today. I am very happy with it. Nice color, excellent contrast with good blacks, sharp, and with a layer of fine grain. The opticals (dissolves and fades) have a bit more grain and contrast but are not bad compared to some movies. It is 1.85 AR and Zone (Region) B locked. I think most viewers will like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks