What's new

Custom Cover Blu-Ray Custom Cover art thread (2 Viewers)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great artwork, Fritz!
Though I do enjoy the one sheet that was a take-off on Apocalypse Now:

kong-skull-island-gets-an-awesome-apocalypse-now-style-movie-poster-social.jpg

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
This is a Star Wars set I've been tinkering with for a few years, based on a previous commission for a set of AVCHD covers for the despecialized editions. I have hesitated to share it because it doesn't include the prequel trilogy, so it feels incomplete. Now that I've made a Rogue One cover for the set, I felt it was time to put it out there.

Those who want copies, please specify "The Despecialized-style set" in your PMs.

MLwip4.png

H3uaOu.png

qrhaa2.png

RsBHAe.png

nen9f9.png

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've got a question for you graphic artists that contribute to and read this thread.

The 1976 Connie Stevens film Scorchy is coming out next week on Blu-ray. The original movie poster artwork looks...strange. Isn't this some bad composite work going on here? Her leg looks oddly turned and placed. Or maybe I'm not seeing it right?

Any thoughts?

maxresdefault.jpg

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
I've got a question for you graphic artists that contribute to and read this thread.

The 1976 Connie Stevens film Scorchy is coming out next week on Blu-ray. The original movie poster artwork looks...strange. Isn't this some bad composite work going on here? Her leg looks oddly turned and placed. Or maybe I'm not seeing it right?

Any thoughts?

I checked and that's just like it was in the original poster illustration from 1976, so no modern Photoshop tomfoolery here. I see what you mean though. She's pivoting on the hip and since her waist is covered by the dress the leg winds up looking disjointed. The torso also appears too short, so it's just a case of wonky anatomy on the part of the artist.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And...she's just weirdly pressing that handgun up against herself with her hand. It'd odd all around. Almost as if the artist figured he could distract from the leg issue with the weird placement of her hands. :D

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And...she's just weirdly pressing that handgun up against herself with her hand. It'd odd all around. Almost as if the artist figured he could distract from the leg issue with the weird placement of her hands. :D

Mike,
it looks like the artist took the pose from this shot:

e0ffe58191fd8bf59825a6bb41ac584a--connie-stevens-fur-cape.jpg

Starlord

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
The story so far....

These are all now available for sharing by PM request. These covers represent quite a monetary investment by their patron, Blu-ray forum member Hubunkey, so many thanks to him for sharing them so generously.

A friend gave me the link to this custom cover thread, and I took my time browsing through all the pages. There are some great covers to find, some members are great artists.
For my personal taste though the Reel Heroes MCU covers are the best. They are exactly what I was looking for, actually better than anything I hoped to find. I very much liked the official ones that were made for the phase one and phase two boxes by Matthew Ferguson. Tried to find them to download but couldn't. Looked for others that I liked the same and didn't find any - until now. These are even better, I can't wait to print them out and replace the originals, and already sent you a pm.

A big thanks for Hubunkey for sharing them, they are amazing.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
YES! Finally caught up with the Marvel Cinematic Universe releases!
This is my version of Doctor Strange.
vgzfe5.png

PM me for access, but please note it may be a few days before this particular cover is uploaded to the server.

DGB

Agent
Real Name
Dan Bollinger
Hello,

I am wondering if anybody knows where I may be able to find a custom blu ray cover for the 1976 version of "King Kong" that uses the original poster art. I just received a copy of the recently released Japanese BD but I can't read anything on it (other than the title). Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Dan
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074751/mediaviewer/rm242420736

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Here's a season 6 update to my Game of Thrones covers. 22mm spine.
j5sggZ.png

DAfrQY.png
IHKz7I.png
cvt9.png
eg3s.png
gameofthroness1.png

Available for sharing thanks to the generosity of Patch5129 (of the BD forum) and numerous other patrons. PM me for links.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
After my "retro" version of Kong Skull Island I decided to make a "modern" take as well.

I would have thought more custom covers using the Kaida Yuji art would have showed up by now, but I have yet to see more than one other. Oh well, at least I think it's bad arse!!

PM me for link.
BcJ1pe.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks