What's new

Custom Cover Blu-Ray Custom Cover art thread (1 Viewer)

Robert George

Screenwriter
WiP...

Highlander wip.jpg

Robert George

Screenwriter
Mackenna's Gold is out in France (with a very nice looking transfer) so I decided to do a US-style cover.

Mackenna Preview.jpg

I have also read the Twilight Time has this on a future release schedule pending completion of restoration work by Sony. Sounds plausible, so while I was at it, I put this together and tucked it away in my WiP folder for possible future use...

Mackenna Twilight Time WiP.jpg

Robert George

Screenwriter
Arrow commissioned new art by Matthew Griffin for their release of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai. This art immediately became my favorite for this film. I was able to find a "clean" version of Mr. Griffin's art and put together a custom cover for the Arrow disc.

Buckaroo Preview.jpg

EdReedFan20

Stunt Coordinator
Love it! Simply wonderful! One minor suggestion for cohesiveness, though would be to move the LucasFilm logo to the top of the spine on each box (removing the Fox and Disney logos, but keeping them on the backs of the cases). Will you make any for the bonus material from the current box set in this style? These are so well made, that it makes me really wish the bonus materials could actually be split up, where each box would have bonus material included for its respective movie.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Love it! Simply wonderful! One minor suggestion for cohesiveness, though would be to move the LucasFilm logo to the top of the spine on each box (removing the Fox and Disney logos, but keeping them on the backs of the cases). Will you make any for the bonus material from the current box set in this style? These are so well made, that it makes me really wish the bonus materials could actually be split up, where each box would have bonus material included for its respective movie.

Having just the Lucasfilm logo on the spine is a good idea. I may do that on any future set. As it is I think I've solved the uniformity issue to my satisfaction, so I won't be changing these. Nor will I be doing covers for the bonus discs. At the moment I am taking a break from Star Wars, but I have learned to never say never...

DGB

Agent
Real Name
Dan Bollinger
Here's another set of custom Star Wars Blu-ray covers I can share. Please specify "the white set" in your PM, so I know which ones you mean.
05ce95.png

f03ee4.png

7a3303.png

f5e617.png

db7a7b.png

7aea71.png

Lately, nearly all of my clients have elected to share their covers with fellow forum members. It's a nice trend.

Fritz,
Have you done a cover for Empire like these that uses the original US release artwork?

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Fritz,
Have you done a cover for Empire like these that uses the original US release artwork?

Sorry, no. And you're like the 1000th person who asks and the more people ask the more stubbornly I refuse to do one :)

Robert George

Screenwriter
Here's something I've been working on on this rainy Saturday afternoon. Actually started to make something else but this just sorta happened...

Labyrinth Preview.jpg

Also decided to do something for Shout Factory's 2-disc release of Carpenter's The Thing using original one-sheet art. Still a WiP, but you get the idea...

Thing WiP.jpg

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Here are all the Star Wars The Force Awakens Blu-ray covers I've made so far. Some of these were made as part of full saga collections, but I thought it might be nice to see them all together.

All are available by PM request.

On this first one I switched out Daisy Ridley's portrait with one from artist Paul Shipper, as I felt the likeness from original artist Blake Armstrong wasn't up to snuff. This was a relatively easy swap as they both traced the same photo, so Shipper's Rey fit perfectly over Armstrong's. I also changed "Young Han", where Armstrong had used a still from Star Wars '77 as reference. Ford's nose has grown considerably longer since 1976, so I superimposed the eyes, nose and mouth from the official Force Awakens theatrical poster over Armstrong's art.
Ym5Zw0.png

H3uaOu.png

CoSYU4.png

uuqx3a.png

5QrOXS.png

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
One of the absolute worst covers I have seen in recent memory is Olive Film's release of Zapped! from '82. I didn't get the disc so I didn't realize how bad it is until I saw a post from a fan asking for a better cover. I rarely make a cover for something I don't own, but this one was so bad, and the original art was so, um, "fun", I couldn't resist.

View attachment 32550

How do I get a copy?

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Every movie fan/collector has their favorites and favorite guilty pleasures. For me, one of the films I can revisit as often as I want and never gets old is that little slice of kitsch from 1968, Lady In Cement. The second film with Sinatra as Miami detective Tony Rome, this film has a lighter, less serious tone than the first "Tony Rome" film, and more importantly, features my favorite sex symbol of all time, Raquel Welch at the height of her career. Indeed, this is one of a bare handful of DVDs I have kept despite now being years into the HD era, even if it is more of a frustration than a pleasure to watch in 480p.

As you might imagine, when this and Tony Rome were announced as a double feature by Twilight Time, this instantly became one of my most anticipated Blu-ray titles ever. With just a few days before the disc releases, it was a forgone conclusion that I would attempt a custom cover to replace Twilight Time's. I use the term "attempt" because this is a double feature on a single disc so individual covers was not really an option, and doing justice to two films on a single Blu-ray cover is usually nearly impossible. In this case, I found some decent elements for both films that I felt I might be able to blend into something I would be happy to put on my shelf. After spending the better part of a day on the front image, I'm pretty pleased with myself. My cover is available in the usual places.

View attachment 33244

I want it, I want it. How do I get a copy?

Oh and do you have the UK art for It Came From Outer Space?

Robert George

Screenwriter
Brad, I haven't looked in on this thread lately, so sorry for the late reply.

I upload my covers to two sites, EuphoricFX.org anmd Uncovered.name. EuphoricFX has a small subscription fee to cover server costs and is my favorite site. Uncovered is free, so seems more popular. You can search my covers under "Fast Fizzy" or by movie title.

Robert George

Screenwriter
I've been buying a number of the 4K discs lately (shocker) but have not done much for custom covers as yet (Labyrinth being the exception). But, Universal's covers for the new Bourne discs is just so, um, bland, that I decided to cook up a set using (mostly) original one sheet art and matching spines. Submitted for your approval...

Bourne_1 Preview.jpg
Bourne_2 Preview.jpg
Bourne_3 Preview.jpg
Bourne_4 Preview.jpg
Bourne_5 Preview.jpg

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Godzilla enthusiast Red Menace is making another HD rebuild of an old US version of a Kaiju classic. This time he's taking on Ghidrah The Three-headed Monster, and here is the artwork I made to complement the project.

C8LBHZ.png

7TGPsn.png

jtNYX9.png

These will be available with his project, but feel free to PM me for the cover links.

Robert George

Screenwriter
I consider Criterion's cover for the classic crime drama The Asphalt Jungle to be singularly uninspiring, even for them so I've been wanting to create something I like better. As it turns out, most of the art that is of suitable quality that is out there is also pretty bland. I did find a single Italian one sheet that does have a couple of redeeming "features", and besides, any excuse to put Marilyn Monroe on anything is fine with me. Available at the usual places...

Asphalt Jungle Preview.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks