What's new

Custom Cover Blu-Ray Custom Cover art thread (1 Viewer)

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Here is some recent work I am free to share thanks to the generosity of my client.

Chucky Collection
09dm.png

Nightmare on Elm Street collection
b88k.png

ksgd.png

Custom Blu-ray covers made to fit a 15mm spine case. PM me for download links.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Hi all.

Here is a set of custom Blu-ray covers for the Lethal Weapon series.
The brief was to make them look as official as possible, and to include the mention of the "Director's Cut" DVDs as extras.

My client wanted to share these with everyone, so feel free to PM me for links.
66lt.png

konu.png

4k36.png

2y1l.png

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Fritz,I have loved your covers for years (and have many in my collection).I have a question ( and if you've answered previously blame my faulty memory). But since you were making faux-official versions of the Lethal Weapons, I thought I'd ask.I don't see any UPC codes on these , and don't recall seeing them on your other covers.Do you specifically not put them on your covers, or is it an aesthetic choice?David

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
David Weicker said:
Fritz, I have loved your covers for years (and have many in my collection). I have a question ( and if you've answered previously blame my faulty memory). But since you were making faux-official versions of the Lethal Weapons, I thought I'd ask. I don't see any UPC codes on these , and don't recall seeing them on your other covers. Do you specifically not put them on your covers, or is it an aesthetic choice? David
That's a good question. I leave them off unless a client specifically asks for them. I have nothing against them, and they certainly would raise the "official" factor a notch, but that is really space I'd rather use for something else. (It's not really a conscious choice any longer, I just leave them out on impulse, and I probably would have put them on the Lethal Weapon covers if I'd thought about it.)
Besides, many people have reported hassle when printing covers at a copy shop when a UPC is included. I have seen custom covers with those "Proof of Purchase" bits included too, which surely will get you thrown out of your local Kinko's. Those copyshops aren't supposed to allow copying of any copyrighted images in the first place, so including a UPC is just asking for trouble.

JFAWWE

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Andrysiak
Wow - just went through this whole thread - some really amazing work!

Fritz - really love the King Kong and Police Academy covers! Maybe not the right thread to ask but are the UK Police Academy Blu-Rays region free?

Thank you!

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
JFAWWE said:
Wow - just went through this whole thread - some really amazing work!

Fritz - really love the King Kong and Police Academy covers! Maybe not the right thread to ask but are the UK Police Academy Blu-Rays region free?

Thank you!
Thank you, Jim.
The Police Academy discs are region free, as all Warner releases are.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
A recently completed set of custom Blu-ray covers for the Maniac Cop series. These are recreations of the UK VHS releases.
I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to share these at this time.
tlls.png

1q09.png

40vq.png

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
A recently finished commission for Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition trilogy.
These custom Blu-ray covers reflect the specs of the AVCHD versions.
My client has generously asked that these be made available to forum members, so I'll be accepting PMs for them.
l14o.png

r56d.png

h0vh.png

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Interesting choice to use the special edition poster art for the covers of the "despecialized" editions.

JFAWWE

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Andrysiak
Fritz - thanks for the info about the Warner Blu-Rays. I don't think I've ever had any desire to watch Maniac Cop until I just saw how cool your covers looked. Also if I'm interested in doing commissions is PM the best way to contact you?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
[BEGIN NERD OCD]Regarding those Star Wars posters, it's always 'bothered' me that they mixed and matched the movies. On Star Wars, Princess Leia has her Empire Strikes Back hairdo. On ESB, Vader's TIE fighter and wingmen are from Star Wars. And on Return Of The Jedi, Luke and Vader fighting is from ESB.[/END NERD OCD]

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Just finished a commissioned set of Custom Blu-ray covers for the Rocky films, which the client wanted to share with forum members. Download links available by PM.
Note: The first Rocky lists the extras of the remastered version from the "Heavyweight Collection".
hyiu.png

pw48.png

9w1k.png

z902.png

wygk.png

aoqg.png

56lp.png

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Hitchcock collection update.
Completion of the collection is still a few weeks off, with the remaining titles being Topaz, Frenzy and Family Plot.

Again, my client assures me he will share these with everyone once they're finished, but please hold your PM requests until I announce the completion of the project.

goje.png

g3fb.png

gd6p.png

pis6.png

yv2k.png

56aq.png

5kiy.png

9ner.png

tozo.png

pg8k.png

im1q.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks