What's new

Blu Ray and DVD Media Cabinets (1 Viewer)

Real Name
anthony dasher
I’m searching for a good source for media storage for about 750 Blu Ray and DVD’s. No particle board, something sturdy and professional. Short of going to a cabinet maker can anyone suggest some high end websites or businesses that would carry this type of unit? I’ve already tried Amazom, Rooms to Go etc. those all look too flimsy and cheap. Thanks!

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Real Name
anthony dasher
Maybe something from here?
Thx will check it out.

Real Name
John
The Wood Shed does great work, though the CD rack I bought from them a few months ago was treated with something (or stored somewhere) funky. Horrible chemical smell that for days permeated the room where I store the rack.

The DVD rack I ordered from them a few years ago had no such issues. So, maybe it was just a fluke thing, but while I'd definitely recommend them, I'd personally wait until the fall to place another order so I could open some windows in case the same thing happened again.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If you want something that looks good and at the same time won't break the bank, these are great for the money:

Amazon product

Not super cheap looking, but not boutique either. The Boltz are definitely nicer. Anyway, I have three of these in my living room and they work really well.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am always partial to these type of carousel storage shelves. They are expensive, though. I have at least three of these in my home and it’s not enough.

Amazon product

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
IF you want something w/ doors (to help minimize dust and such), this from that site mentioned above might suit you... although this model is not quite large enough for 750 BD/DVDs:

I actually have 2x (much) narrower versions of it (that each is basically 1/3 the width) that I bought a long time ago from DeepDiscount.com. My collection has grown much too large now... even for 2x this big unit, but I don't really need everything equally accessible from the same storage, so...

Not sure if there's anything larger from this series, but if not, maybe 2x somewhat narrower versions (maybe 2/3 the width each) would do:

Do note that the big one is basically just 3x (my) narrower versions combined into 1 wide unit w/ each 1/3 section divided/separated from the next -- same for the 2/3 width one above that has 2 separate sections instead of 3.

Currently, I'm considering doing something different (and more space efficient) for my new space -- maybe trying the Elfa system that another HTFer seems to love... though I don't have a big closet for it:

Efla System

_Man_

ScottHM

Premium
Real Name
Scott
I am always partial to these type of carousel storage shelves. They are expensive, though. I have at least three of these in my home and it’s not enough.

Amazon product

I have two of these, and like them very much, though they are huge, and are made of MDF, so aren't really what the OP is looking for.

Amazon product

I looked into these Can-Am cabinets a number of years ago, but just couldn't afford them. They look very durable.

Can-Am CD / DVD storage cabinets

---------------

Maxman43

Agent
Real Name
Bill
I’m searching for a good source for media storage for about 750 Blu Ray and DVD’s. No particle board, something sturdy and professional. Short of going to a cabinet maker can anyone suggest some high end websites or businesses that would carry this type of unit? I’ve already tried Amazom, Rooms to Go etc. those all look too flimsy and cheap. Thanks!
Can-Am. I love mine!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
If you want something that looks good and at the same time won't break the bank, these are great for the money:

Amazon product

Not super cheap looking, but not boutique either. The Boltz are definitely nicer. Anyway, I have three of these in my living room and they work really well.

I’ve had this type of rack for years (not sure if mine are exactly the same). I have all of my DVDs on several of these. Easy to put together, adjustable, and hold over 200 DVDs.

Kent K H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty much of the mind that after my girlfriend (hopefully wife by then) move into a place that will give me the room to put up my collection, I'm going to build my own shelving, because I'm apparently a glutton for punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenorlyrico
Recent bookmarks