What's new

Blown tweeter in an E90 (1 Viewer)

kjmfireguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
I just bought a pair of JBL E90's a couple months back, and I seem to have blown out the tweeters. The woofers and midrange are both working, so it's not the bi-wiring posts in back. I had been playing around with a frequency generator hooked up to my receiver, and I think, somehow, it is related. Here are my questions. First, how can I know for sure if it is the tweeter or a breakdown in the crossover? Next, if it is the tweeter, and it's from a crossover problem, how I can I tell so that I can make sure it doesn't happen again. Lastly, does anyone know where I can get new parts if I need them? Internet searches for JBL tweeters in E90's just leads me to speaker specs. Thanks so much.

Kevin

P.S. None of this might matter because I found out today my uncle will give me his Klipschorns because he doesn't want to move them into his new house. Now I just need a way to get them from D.C. to Indiana.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Kevin

Just don't hook up that frequency generator to those Klipschorns. You may blow them out if you do...

Best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks