Blown speaker cone

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StevenB, Apr 5, 2002.

1. StevenB

StevenB Agent

Hello,

I realized tonight that one of my Kenwood JL-965AV's have a blown cone, one of the woofers. Is it worth replacing? How costly is it to replace? How difficult is it to replace? Thanks for any help. I am extremely frustrated at the thought of having to shell out even more cash for a whole new set of speakers. Thanks again.

Steve

2. StevenB

StevenB Agent

What a travesty. I spent the past 5 months looking for a center to match my mains. Now it seems the mains have kicked the bucket. I dont even play the stuff that loud. What gives? I need help please....

3. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

How much power does your amp/receiver have? What's the model number and website for it (the receiver)?

4. StevenB

StevenB Agent

Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-810S, 100 watts per channel (7.1)

5. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

I doubt it would be all that expensive for a new driver. Email Kenwood and get a price, then you can see if it will be worth it to you.
    It shouldn't be very hard to replace it, but if you don't want to mess with it, it shouldn't be very expensive to have someone do it for you.
    Of course, maybe it's a sign that it's time to upgrade speakers. At least that is the weak justification I would use.[​IMG]
    DJ

6. StevenB

StevenB Agent

Hey, thanks for the response. I was thinking the same thing. Time to upgrade to some "top of the line' speakers. Muy only question is....what will maych well with my AR2C's?

I saw a few good responses already. I am just extremely frstrated. I just upgraded everything else, now the mains bite the dust......thanks again.

Steve