What's new

Bloom County Returns! (online) (1 Viewer)

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Was reading Foxtrot online this morning and was happy to discover that Bloom County will be available to read online starting tomorrow (March 17th).

Note - these aren't new strips. Instead, they're restarting the series online from the very first strip (which appeared on December 7, 1980). Every day they'll run six strips. Plus, they also plan on running Academia Waltz (Berkeley Breathed's University of Texas strip that preceeded Bloom County) and Outland.

Unfortunately, it appears that the only way to read them is to subscribe to Ucomic's "My Comics Page" service. That said, the service costs $9.95 a year and they'll email each day's strips to you.

Bloom County was my favorite strip during college. It even ran in the campus newspaper, The Thresher - the only comic strip in the whole paper - one week's worth every Friday. Opus was even the mascot of our tuba section in the MOB (Marching Owl Band). We even had t-shirts Opus shirts made up.

So, if there are any other Bloom County fanatics out there, hop on over to UComics and get ready to relive a bit of history.

-greg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thanks for the heads up greg.
i went and signed up.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I think I will also sign up. However I would warn everyone to pay close attention to their terms. It says that subscriptions will automatically renew. Just a heads up.

-Keith

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I'm a major Bloom County fan, but I can't see paying for the privelege to re-read the strips I read twenty years ago. I've got the books and that'll do me.

However, for those not familar with Berkeley Breathed's works, I heartily recommend them.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks