What's new

Bloodrayne...The Movie (1 Viewer)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
A new movie about Vampires and is an adaptation of the computer game.

Filming is due to start in August in Romania.

Kristanna Loken will play Bloodrayne a half human and half vampire, driven by vengeance to overthrow her father, Kagan, king of all vampires.

Ben Kingsley, Will Sanderson and Michelle Rodriguez have been added to the cast of computer game adaptation BloodRayne. Kingsley will play Kagan while Sanderson plays Evil Thrall

Bloodrayne

Film Synopsis:

The film reveals the origins of Bloodrayne in the cinematic prequel to Majesco’s popular videogame. In eighteenth century Romania, Rayne, a young dhampir (half-human, half-vampire), prone to fits of blind blood rage but saddled with a compunction for humans, strives to avenge her mother’s rape and murder by her father, Kagan, King of the Vampires.

Orphaned and forced to find refuge in a circus freak show, the only place her aberrant abilities are tolerated, Rayne does not discover her true abilities till the night she tastes human blood for the first time defending herself from the circus strong man. Consumed by bloodlust and tormented by her new identity, she transforms into BloodRayne and feeds on the blood of vampires, refusing to take the lives of innocents.

Two vampire hunters, Sebastian and Vladimir, from the Brimstone Society persuade her to join their cause to destroy the most evil and powerful of all the vampires in the land, her father. She races to find the three Talisman organs: a heart, an eye and a rib wrought from her ancestor vampire, Beliar, which Kagan also covets. The Talismans give the beholder the power to throw the earth into darkness allowing vampires to rule forever...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oooh...I was wondering if something was going to develop from the game...

Travis W.

Second Unit
Uwe Boll is just further ruining the chance of quality video game movies being created. The only one to date that was good was Mortal Kombat. Other than that, they've all been pretty bad.

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
What I'm trying to figure out is why are all these video game companies handing their properties to the man that brought the world "House of the Dead"?

And c'mon, Ben Kingsley. You can do better than this.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I like Michelle Rodriguez and Ben Kingsley, but lately, anyway, their presence doesn't bode well.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Zuh?

Kristinna Loken and company should've signed on for Metroid flick that John Woo holds the rights to.

Bloodrayne wasn't even that popular of a game.

Scott Bell

Stunt Coordinator
I would agree with you Dan, but...

Uwe Boll strikes again and changes the plot from something that might have been watchable.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I honestly do not think this will go ahead with Uwe Boll or at least this will be his last one. Realy, I went to his site and saw the stuff of Alone in the Dark and it looks BAD!!! House of the Dead, well, I personally cringe at those words now. Really, I think he lack of filmmaking should eventually shine through.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Quit bad talking Uwe or he'll show up here and cry :D

Taken from his Alone In The Dark messageboard Uwe's retort to people telling him he sucks.
Waaaaaaaaaaaah someone get the poor man a hanky... Look at that line once more did he just say "not one percent less quality as RESIDENT EVIL or UNDERWORLD" what the hell kinda defense is that?!?!

Stolen from AICN talkbacker - "WTF kinda name is Uwe Boll?!"

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Never played the Bloodrayne game, so I think I can evaluate the trailer with a certain degree of impartiality:

Holy crap, who greenlit this POS? It's a TV movie, isn't it? Someone tell me this thing isn't getting an actual theatrical release. Pretty please?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
But it's got Ben Kingsley!!!

Actually, my main problem is the casting of Bloodrayne. Her features are too soft and she's not quite "hot" enough. Famke Jannsen would be much better, but she's also probably smarter about the jobs she takes ;)

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
As bad as this movie is going to be, people are going to see it and defend it. It will probably make a profit, which will once again prove that it's just about impossible for a comic book or video game-based movie to lose money. Here are some of the comments you can expect to see:

[*]"I went in with low expectations, expecting some good vampire fun, and this film delivered."[*]"Kristanna Loken in a skimpy costume alone makes this worth it."[*]"I liked it. I can't believe how many people who haven't even seen this movie are saying it sucks."[*]"I thought I was a lot of fun. The fact that Rotten Tomatoes has it at 6% just goes to show that you can't rely on critics."[*]"People who are expecting Hamlet will be disappointed. This is just pure, bloody, vampire fun."[*]"Sure, it isn't Hamlet, but it's a lot of fun. Kristanna Loken is hot!"[*]"I can't wait to get this on DVD!"[/list]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks