Blood Simple DVD (I'm confused)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Walsh, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I keep reading everywhere that there is an introduction by someone from Forver Young talking about the film restoration process and is meant to be a joke or something but I can't seem to find it on the DVD I rented. I watched it and it didn't happen and then went back again to try and find it but I couldn't. Am I missing something here? Any input on this matter would be helpful as well as the director's cut versus the original. Thanks.

-Eric

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

The introduction is just that-an introduction. It occurs before you get to the menu for Blood Simple....I think! It's been a long time since I watched, so my memory is hazy. Try ejecting the disc and restarting it. It doesn't last long (20 seconds or so) and I don't think you can click back to it once it plays.

Bruce

3. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

It's actually the introduction that was added to the beginning of the film for the theatrical re-release of the director's cut.

It's right at the start of the movie.

4. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Edited to say that I FOUND IT! It was on a chapter right before the film actually begins. For some reason the way people were talking about it I thought they meant it was part of the film now. I was really reaching with that idea trying to make the voiceover the intro and find some way to make what he was saying into a statment about restoring films or something. Thanks for your help.

Where exactly is it because I can not hear it at the "start of the movie" is it after the universal logo or before that? During the credits? Or is it that voiceover where the guy talks about in "texas everyone fends for themself" or something like that? Sorry I am still confused.

-Eric

5. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I can't remember how it was on the DVD, but in the theatrical version it was part of the movie, right at the beginning.

6. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

[beating a dead horse]Of course, the original film is not available for home viewing.[/beating a dead horse]
    [​IMG]