What's new

Blood Simple - 2.0 surround only, but the commentary is hilarious! (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Call me crazy, but it's hard to participate in "genuine adult debate" if you have to constantly add disclaimers to your post. I stand by my comments, it should be obvious that the content of my posts represents my opinion. I guess that when you're in the minority when it comes to differing opinions, you have to bend over backwards to accomodate the majority's views. I guess I should act like my opinion that the altered "Blood Simple" is superior is something of a taboo, something for which I owe an apology. I've been no more adamant about my opinion than those who have dismissed the director's cut. Look at it this way: I've made no posts proclaiming any store clerks *were* wrong for having a different opinion. Let me lists some examples:
Just like Blood Simple, leave it alone, it is what it is....or was what it was...and now isn't what it was but rather is now what it ain't....
Once again, you are every bit as guilty of what you accuse me of, if not moreso.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Call me crazy, but it's hard to participate in "genuine adult debate" if you have to constantly add disclaimers to your post. I stand by my comments, it should be obvious that the content of my posts represents my opinion. I guess that when you're in the minority when it comes to differing opinions, you have to bend over backwards to accomodate the majority's views. I guess I should act like my opinion that the altered "Blood Simple" is superior is something of a taboo, something for which I owe an apology. I've been no more adamant about my opinion than those who have dismissed the director's cut. Look at it this way: I've made no posts proclaiming any store clerks *were* wrong for having a different opinion. Let me lists some examples:
Just like Blood Simple, leave it alone, it is what it is....or was what it was...and now isn't what it was but rather is now what it ain't....
Once again, you are every bit as guilty of what you accuse me of, if not moreso.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I've been no more adamant about my opinion than those who have dismissed the director's cut.
Perhaps it is the delivery itself that comes across as acid laced and fairly condescending, not the opinion behind.
Am I guilty of this? Hell yes, and others have taken me to task on it and rightfully so. No one is immune from the temptations inherent in the anonymity of the internet and the passion we feel for film. But that shouldn't stop us from trying to rise above and act at least passingly respectful...or god forbid even polite.
Take that as you want. Or don't.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I've been no more adamant about my opinion than those who have dismissed the director's cut.
Perhaps it is the delivery itself that comes across as acid laced and fairly condescending, not the opinion behind.
Am I guilty of this? Hell yes, and others have taken me to task on it and rightfully so. No one is immune from the temptations inherent in the anonymity of the internet and the passion we feel for film. But that shouldn't stop us from trying to rise above and act at least passingly respectful...or god forbid even polite.
Take that as you want. Or don't.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
every said:
So, sorry Bill, you are totally incorrect as to my etiquette pertaining to others views..in this thread at least (as i said in the previous post, none are perfect but we should still try to get along).
:)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
every said:
So, sorry Bill, you are totally incorrect as to my etiquette pertaining to others views..in this thread at least (as i said in the previous post, none are perfect but we should still try to get along).
:)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Tried 35 minutes worth of the commentary track last night and I want to tell you the video is real sharp and clear on those Digital Versatile Discs.

That material might have been a real knee slapper when I was 21 and stoned.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I found this post on the IMDB Blood Simple page that totally validates the fake commentary track as far as I'm concerned:

I thought it was interesting how the original version of the film had ties to Eastern European communist countries, and how the narrator and hired assassin was actually the son of a dictator. I wish they had kept the movie in it's original form, it would've been much more interesting.
The fact that even one guy was fooled is awesome, and I find it hilarious even though I'm fully aware of it's fakeness.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks