What's new

Blood Fills Basement of Residential Home in 5" of Animal Sewage (1 Viewer)

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
When I first came across this story, I thought it was a pre-Halloween prank being pulled on SyFy.com visitors but after the reading the article, I was like WHOA! You couldn't make this crap up.

A family in Iowa, who were neighbors to the new owners of Dahl's Meat Locker, who had dumped the dripping remains of hog and cattle down a floor drain, which just so happens to be connected to the Lestinas' family's pipes. This seeped into their basement and dumped five inches of animal blood into their basement.

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources, which confirmed that the 5-inch-deep trough of soupy, festering slime was indeed animal blood, fat, and bones. It was also so much of a hazardous scene that the Department of Health was called in.

The full story about this can be found here: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/basement-flooded-5-inches-blood

It's ironic that this happened just two weeks before Halloween.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I wonder how long this dumping was going on until somebody in that fetid house noticed. Hard to imagine that house being salvageable with
the insects and bacteria that will be on that property for a long time.

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I wonder how long this dumping was going on until somebody in that fetid house noticed. Hard to imagine that house being salvageable with
the insects and bacteria that will be on that property for a long time.

I'd be curious to know that as well. But, according to the article, it was the new owners of the Meat Locker who are now at the center of this. I know I would have spent a few hours tossing my stomach. But, that much contamination in the basement? Recovery is not an option. The owners of that home who purchased it to flip would need to disclose that seepage from the Meat Locker. I would assume that's biological contamination. I can only imagine that the new owners of that business are in line for large fines from the respective state agencies.

But, whatever the outcome, I think the family who owns that home will, no doubt, be filing a complaint with the courts over the damage from the "sewage". This definitely was something that could have been prevented.

I'd also be curious to know how a Meat Locker like Dahl's was doing so close to a residential property. Residential properties aren't typically next door to slaughter houses. But, there would be no way I would consider buying or renting a home that had been contaminated in a manner like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks