What's new

International BLOOD AND SAND (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Blood and Sand with Tyrone Power and Rita Hayword tells the story of a peasant boy who rises to fame and fortune in the bullfight arena. Even though the movie was made in 1941 it was filmed in color and stands the test of time. Blood and Sand is now available on Bly-Ray from Amazon.de for a very reasonable price. The Blu-Ray comes with an English audio track along with English and German subtitles. The listing shows the Blu-Ray is Region Code B. When I receive the copy I ordered I will confirm if the Blu-Ray is fixed to Region Code B.

Blood.jpg

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Thanks Ernest, please let us know! I'd love to see if the transfer is the same as the domestic release.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Thanks Ernest, please let us know! I'd love to see if the transfer is the same as the domestic release.
I will provide an update in 2 weeks when I receive the German release. I have found form previous purchases the German and UK Blu-Ray releases are of excellent quality.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I will provide an update in 2 weeks when I receive the German release. I have found form previous purchases the German and UK Blu-Ray releases are of excellent quality.

Thanks Ernest! I didn't mean to imply that it would be any less quality than the domestic release, but it may be a different transfer. Sometimes the European and Domestic releases are different because different houses are responsible. I like but am not actually "in love" with the look of the American release so it's not a deal breaker either way.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Hi Will I just received my copy of Blood and Sand from Amazon.de and the video looks very good especially for a movie made in 1941. To me it didn't matter how this Bly-Ray compares to the US release that was no longer available. I was confident this Blu-ray would be a big improvement over the DVD version, and it certainly is. The Blu-Ray inlcudes both English and German audio tracks with English and German subtitles. I am playing the Blu-Ray in a OPPO player set to region "B".

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Hi Will I just received my copy of Blood and Sand from Amazon.de and the video looks very good especially for a movie made in 1941.

You know, I was JUST thinking about you yesterday and wondered if you ever got the disc! And here you are!! Thanks for letting me know. I have the US blu-ray but am very curious as to how this one stacks up against it. I'm glad you're pleased with it and now I have to decide whether or not I want to grab it too.

Thanks! :D

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks