What's new

Blondie (1957) - Classicflix Kickstarter See Post #7 (1 Viewer)

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
The $250 deal offered by Classic Flix was really good so I pledged at that level. I am disappointed that this campaign didn't seem to reach their goal. Hopefully Classic Flix will consider extending it another month or so to allow the word to get out more. This is definitely worth a blind buy for me.

Thanks, David, and best of luck with this and other endeavors! Please don't give up on Blondie in Blu-Ray; if you can extend this another 30/60 days that will help immensely. There are potential buyers who either didn't hear about it or perhaps intended to pledge but time got away. Please don't let Debbie Downers get you discouraged.
I also am disappointed that this didn't work out, but I am also sadly NOT surprised. For a sitcom to be released on blu, this was a LOOOONG shot at best, and I doubt extending the campaign will help. I mean, we had most of a month and the campaign didn't even make it to the halfway point. I wish it had worked, because the blu would have been a guaranteed purchase, but I probably won't even bother with the dvd (not meant as a comment against Classicflix, because at this point, they are one of my favorite labels, I just can't argue for more new tv shows on dvd for my collection due to space).

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Count me in for this DVD set once it's released. Arthur Lake and Harold Peary in the same show, how awesome is that!

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I'm looking forward to getting this. While I would like to have the Stuffy Singer autographed edition, as I'm in Canada, I will likely get it from Amazon. Glad to have more vintage B+W TV from ClassicFlix!

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
What is going to happen to the money already raised, is it going to be refunded to the patrons or will it be used toward some future project.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What is going to happen to the money already raised, is it going to be refunded to the patrons or will it be used toward some future project.
Kickstarter only collects funds if it makes it target funding. Since it didn't, no monies were collected.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Blondie is available for pre-order from Amazon for $20.59.

Amazon sucks. I was going to pre-order this today at the $20.59 price, but now it says the item is not available and unknown if it will be in stock again. Maybe I will just order it direct from ClassicFlix, I don't know, haven't decided, right now I'm just pissed at Amazon. :angry:

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Amazon sucks. I was going to pre-order this today at the $20.59 price, but now it says the item is not available and unknown if it will be in stock again. Maybe I will just order it direct from ClassicFlix, I don't know, haven't decided, right now I'm just pissed at Amazon. :angry:
Sorry about this. Amazon's algorithm removed the pre-order button for some unknown reason. We've created a ticket to get it fixed, but there is no guarantee when this'll happen

We do still have Stuffy Singer autographed copies available at our site, but not for $20.59.

- David

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I'm still waiting on Amazon Canada to make the listing live for ordering. I keep checking, and all they have right now is the cover artwork as a placeholder. I'm in Canada and can't order direct from ClassicFlix. I'm very much looking forward to getting Blondie as it appears to be a first rate release. Much thanks to ClassicFlix!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David

The pre-order button at Amazon is back up.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
The pre-order button at Amazon is back up.

Thank you, while it might be cool to have a Stuffy Singer autographed copy, Amazon's price is lower so I'll probably order it there.

The only other time I've seen Stuffy Singer in a TV show is in an episode of The Bill Cosby Show where Stuffy has the role of a handball player.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Stuffy was in two episodes of OZZIE & HARRIET. He played a guy named "Stuffy".

I was too lazy to cancel my ClassicFlix order and go with Amazon. I think BLONDIE should ship tomorrow.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Well I just logged in to Amazon to order this, but now there's another problem.

I selected the two business days delivery option, and it says the estimated delivery day is Oct. 16th. What is up with that?? If this is being released tomorrow the 25th, then with two day delivery I should have it on the 27th, not Oct. 16th. So I signed out and didn't place the order.

I think I'll just hold off for a while before ordering this. Sounds to me like Amazon is having problems with this item that need to be corrected.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Today on Amazon, it shows that this item won't be in stock until Oct. 11th. That explains the Oct. 16th delivery day, but if this item is supposed to be released today, why is it not in stock on Amazon until Oct. 11th?? And of course the price on Amazon has increased, it's now $32.50, it isn't $20.59 anymore. This doesn't surprise me. Something weird is going on with this item.

It's also out of stock at Deep Discount and Movies Unlimited, both sites are showing a backorder status. Very strange.

Today on Amazon I've seen two price increases. It went from $20.59 to $26.45, now it's $32.50. Something suspicious is going on with this item and I'm glad I haven't ordered it yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks