What's new

Blondie (1957) - Classicflix Kickstarter See Post #7 (1 Viewer)

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Regarding why the 28 feature films haven't been released:

Maybe a success story here would spur some action along those lines...
We're hoping so too. What better way to send a message to the Blondie rights holders than to show that the Blondie franchise is still well-loved the world over and they're leaving money on the table by not releasing the 28 feature films, restored and uncut.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Supposedly the 1968 episodes are "Lost". Bruce Lee makes an appearance in the last episodes, too. His only American TV appearance that hasn't turned up.

I didn't know (a) the series had such a short run, or (b) that it is supposedly lost. But the mention of it jogged a long-dormant memory: when we were little kids, my sister had a coloring book based on the show, with a small color photo of the cast on the front cover. This was close to 50 years ago. I presume it's long gone.

We had a local station in Chicago (WPWR-TV) which ran the 1950s series back in the 1980s. It was listed in the TV listings under the odd title "Blondie Features." That would have suggested they were the earlier movies, but they weren't.

I have the Platinum set of 10 features. They are King Features TV versions. One annoying thing is, at the end of the last scene in the movie, the end titles are cut off. IIRC if you're selecting them individually from the menu, they will actually freeze at the end before going back to the main menu. The TV versions had an abrupt splice to a repeat of the animated King Features fanfare, but these don't even have that.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
We restored all the original opening/closings of the features when I worked at American Movie Classics in the 1990's. David Sehring got the original 35mm nitrate material from King Features.

When AMC was still a good classics channel, Bob. Thanks for all the great work you’ve done!

Gary “especially all your work on Bud and Lou’s material” O.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
We'll keep it in mind.

- David
Other "deserving " shows include The People's Choice , December Bride , Love that Bob , Andy's Gang . Pete And Gladys . Rin Tin Tin . Wild Bill Hickock and Captain Midnight . Maybe ClassicFlix could become the new Timeless releasing many classic old Shows .

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
She [Patricia Harty] was also in two other flop sitcoms, "Occasional Wife" and under the name Trisha Hart, was Bob Crane's wife in the short-lived "Bob Crane Show."

Oh. I remember Occasional Wife for some reason. Michael Callan was the lead male. They were always trying to find premises that would allow unmarried men and women to live together, like this series. And I Dream of Jeannie. And My Living Doll. Heh...and Bosom Buddies.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And in fact she and Callan were briefly married to each other in real life after the series ended.

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
I was wondering if classicflix already has standard definition transfers of blondie already prepared for offical release and is just using this fundraiser to secure capital for an HD transfer , or is he using the the fundraiser to get money for both versions.

By the way, do you have any future plans to unstall the lock-up dvd, if not, why so.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
For what it's worth, I've been working my way through the Blondie theatrical films on YouTube. I've been watching 1 a week and today I noticed they've all been pulled. I was about to watch film #25 of the series. Also, for Amazon Prime customers, 12 of the films are available to watch free. They are the King Features releases with the replaced credits and endings, however. The studio listed on all of these are from Lionsgate however.
I remember watching and enjoying the 1957 series and have signed up for the Kickstarter.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The Blondie movie series, with the replaced credits, is being shown one title per week on the MOVIES! OTA channel on Saturdays at 1PM Eastern. Today is #12, "Blondie for Victory".

Last edited:

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I would have been happy to pledge 30 dollars for a bluray set. But unfortunately as I live in the UK I could pledge the money but not yet the bluray. It is a shame that this campaign only works for those in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks