What's new

blockiness and tile-ing effects (1 Viewer)

keenwatcher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sean
I wanted to ask this general question about LCD and Plasma tv's,

Do all or most LCD and Plasma tv's show blockiness or tile like effects on black portions of the screen? For instance, when you are watching a night-time scene or a black and white movie, or someone wearing a black suit?

Do only the high end expensive ($2500 plus) LCD and Plasma tv's do better with this kind of problem?

I have been used to watching on the old tube (big) tv's...

If I went out and bought a widescreen tube tv- would it be HD too? And I know it would be bulky and large and hard to move...

But since I watch alot of classic black and white movies- would an old fashioned tv (well, in widescreen and HD now) work better for me?

Are they gonna phase out all the direct view tube tv's?

thanks for any help

keenwatcher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sean
It seems after some research that, yes, most companies are phasing out tube crt t.v.'s.

The plasmas are better with black deepness as compared with the lcd's.

I am keeping my lcd for a few years until the better more expensive and deeper black resolution ones come down in price and are improved.

I almost got the new Panasonic Plasma 42Pz700 but it has no way of hooking up headphones (and believe me, we tried at the store to no avail). All of the Sony lcd's have headphone jacks which is important since I live in a studio apartment where I want to keep my t.v. viewing/listening private.

I'm so worn out because over the last couple of weeks I've been to the best buy store several times resolving these issues (level of blacks and headphones). Plus, searching the net for info and reviews. The current t.v. market place is tough to navigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks