What's new

BLOCKBUSTER video awards cancelled (1 Viewer)

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
Better question...

Did anyone ever care about the Blockbuster Awards, besides Blockbuster?

Daniel L

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Was there ever a perceivable differance between the BLOCKBUSTER AWARDS and the PEOPLES CHOICE AWARDS? Besides we no longer need a seperate award show so that crappy blockbusters can win some kind of statue, when Oscar seems happy to honor such shallow fare as GLADIATOR.

Luc D

Second Unit
This is a travesty. I've never been so disappointed in my entire life.
smiley_headshot.gif

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
That sucks. What's Rob Schneider gonna put on his trophy shelf now? :D

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
And for them to blame "the uncertainty of the times due to September 11" is pitiful. They should just state the facts -- no one cares.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Cancelled? I mean, this is the only time you would have gotten to hear "Best Film" and "Bubble Boy" mentioned in the same sentence. :)
"Bite your tonuge! Gladiator was fantastic and was the best movie of the year"
:laugh:

Hubert

Second Unit
I guess you thought Requiem For A Dream was best of the year, huh Jason? :laugh: We all know who won.;)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
We all know who won.
Yeah, that's cause the Academy voters are idiots. I can name five better films off the top of my head than Gladiator that came out in 2000 (those being Requiem for a Dream, Almost Famous, Unbreakable, Crouching Tiger..., and Traffic).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gladiator put me to sleep, and CTHD was overrated to say the least, but either one was better than Unbreakable. C'mon!

Sorry...didn't mean to push this forward as a topic change over to an Oscar debate. Let's get back on topic:

BLOCKBUSTER SUCKS!!

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
"I can name five better films off the top of my head than Gladiator that came out in 2000 (those being Requiem for a Dream, Almost Famous, Unbreakable, Crouching Tiger..., and Traffic)."
Yeah, and Dancer In The Dark, Memento, With A Friend Like Harry, In The Mood For Love, Maelstrom, Cast Away, High Fidelity, You Can Count On Me, Before Night Falls, American Psycho, Widow of Saint Pierre.....
shall I go on?
Ok I will....
Chicken Run, Nurse Betty, The Original Kings of Comedy, Wonder Boys, The Contender, Hamlet, Quills, A Time For Drunken Horses, The Way of the Gun.....
Give me another 25 and I'll get to Gladiator. :) Yeah, we all know who won, but that doesn't mean it deserved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks