What's new

Blockbuster to rent The Grinch in P&S ONLY.... (1 Viewer)

AndrewA

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone really surprised? I haven't rented or purchased anything from that company for years. NetFlix has had my renting business almost from the time they started. BB has a corporate culture where voices from us are seldom heard and never acted upon. It may well be a worthy fight, but I'd like to make my point using my wallet and never, ever stepping foot at any of their stores ever again.
I'll join in petitions and all, but I say just leave them, don't support them till they change...do I honestly think they'll change? Doubt it, at least the studios are listening, somewhat...

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
ooops... Bryan is right I meant Silence Of The Lamb.
------------------
My Home Theater
sign.jpg

My DVD Collection Home Theater Pics
Ozzie

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I know buying DVD's are expensive, but if you live near a fair sized city, pawn shops can be a goldmine.
It cost's $4 to rent at BB, but if you look around chances are you can find the movie your looking for $10 or less.
Or go to a mom and pop rental store if you can!
I hate BB with a passion that burns hotter than the fires and damnation of hell!
HAHAHAHA BB can kiss my A$$!!!
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
I am curious though, why anyone would rent, and not buy 'The Grinch' anyway?
I haven't seen The Grinch yet, and although I'm sure that I will like it am not sure if it's a title that I would want to own. I prefer to be safe by knowing that I will like the movie a lot before buying it.
Looks like I'm going to have to patronize the local independent store (which is a kick ass store, by the way) to rent The Grinch in OAR.

KrisM

Second Unit
Not too long ago I moved to the other side of my city(about twenty five minutes). I don't even know where the Blockbuster is in my area. It is because of decisions like this one. Blockbuster is an embarrasment.
KrisM

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
I must drop a line to you guys about a conversation I had today with a friend of mine....
This friend is one of the VP's of Blockbuster Video.
In an attempt to champion the cause for OAR, I asked the question "Why has Blockbuster stopped supporting the Letterboxed versions of DVD?"
I first got the answer that both version were there on the DVD and all I had to do was push a button and I would get my LETTERBOXED version.
I then jabbed at her and said "Get the fuck outta here!!!!" and "You're this big VP at Blockbuster and you don't have a clue of what you're talking about!!!. She laughed and asked me what I meant... I then explained to her that this doesn't happen and that you can't get the player to convert a P&S to Letterboxed... But she insisted...
I made a bet with her and she called in the buyer for the CT stores.. She asked and the guy timidly answered that "NO, you can't get letterbox off a P&S dvd".....
She was quite pissed and said that she would talk to him after my call.... I know Her and I wouldn't like to be him... As he was the one to initially claim that P&S would support LETTERBOX at a flip of the switch...
As I don't fore see that an immediate change will be made... I suggest that you voice your opinion to Blockbuster politely about the P&S issue.
I know that I made a dent today...
Dugger

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
Good job, Chris. The people that run this company are fucking clueless. Believe me, working for them, I know.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
quote: This is what i'm wondering, why do we here in the forum, insist on concerning ourselves with these losers. To hell with Blockbuster!
I'm sure I'm not alone here. Blockbuster is really the only game in town here. (Sure there is a Hollywood and a Movie Gallery, but they do the same things as Blockbuster.) If we want to rent movies, we go to Blockbuster to get them.
I'm also sure that most people have movies that they want to see, but don't have a lot of rewatchability. I'd like to see The Mummy Returns, but would only watch it once, so what is the point of buying.
Also, to ignore the Blockbuster problem make it go away. No matter how many people form this forum that quit renting from them, there will be plenty of more people that continue to rent from them. We need to make them realize that they are losing valuable revenue from people by not stocking what is wanted.
Also, I think the fault lies more on the studios who insist on putting out separate releases. There is no reason that they can't issue them together as 2 disc sets or not release P&S at all. Blockbuster doesn't refuse to sttock widescreen only releases.
quote: She was quite pissed and said that she would talk to him after my call.... I know Her and I wouldn't like to be him... As he was the one to initially claim that P&S would support LETTERBOX at a flip of the switch...
It's amazing how much disinformation that one misinformed person can spread. I wonder how many people truly believe that this can be done and never take the time to find out that it just isn't possible.
[Edited last by AdrianJ on November 10, 2001 at 01:55 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks