What's new

BlockBuster stinks so bad! (2 Viewers)

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Just curious.. is there any reason why your BB haters don't rent online from Netflix or RentMyDVD?
I'm evaluating them both at the moment.
Ship time from Netflix has taken from 4 to 9 days. Lately, the higher number. That's not too good.
First shipments from RentMyDVD took 2-4 days. Standing by for the next shipment (went out 10/4) to arrive.
------------------
--RR
[Edited last by Rick Radford on October 06, 2001 at 07:07 AM]

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I've used Netflix in the past. At first they were great. Then they started playing around with the packaging materials. Then discs started being lost on the way back to them in the mail. Stuff like that + the wait to ship all the way from the West coast caused me to cancel.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'm opposed to Blockbuster on political grounds. They force employees to undergo invasive, inaccurate hair-based drug tests. And the company is a major contributor to the DARE program. Of course, politics are verboten here and I will therefore say no more. :)
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Ron Connolly

Agent
Real Name
Ron
The BB in my neighborhood is the same way. If you go there in the evening, be prepared to wait in long lines, if it's a Friday or Saturday, plan on bringing a sleeping bag. I've got a good idea, take along your portable DVD player and watch the movie while you're standing in line. Then just put it back on the shelf, any will do, and you won't have to pay rental fees!
laugh.gif

------------------
Ron Connolly
San Jose, Ca.

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that Blockbuster sucks ass. That make hundreds of millions a year a treat thier customers like dumb ass pieces of shit. Fuck Blockbuster and thier full frame!

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that Blockbuster sucks ass. They make hundreds of millions a year a treat thier customers like dumb ass pieces of shit. Fuck Blockbuster and thier full frame!

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Thank god my wife is a store manager at Hollywood Video...
mmmm... free rentals. (and yes, I know I constantly post this in a lot of threads I reply to, sorry :))
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
[Edited last by Brad_W on October 06, 2001 at 02:39 PM]

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I'm opposed to Blockbuster on political grounds. They force employees to undergo invasive, inaccurate hair-based drug tests.
I wouldn't necessarily call a hair-based test invasive...
...unless, of course, the hair they use is from your...
...er, never mind.
biggrin.gif

Jon
------------------
"This one goes to eleven." (Nigel Tufnel)

Brian_J

Second Unit
I'm opposed to Blockbuster on political grounds. They force employees to undergo invasive, inaccurate hair-based drug tests. And the company is a major contributor to the DARE program.
OH THE HORROR!
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I am one of the lucky few who happens to be off during the release dates so I can get in right when they open and the fact that I live in a small town so it's never crowded is a real plus. They even have a pretty large selection of DVD's.
Last week I was in there to rent "The Mummy Returns" and this lady who had rented the same movie was thanking the other ladies behind the counter for having the "full view version" and not that "squished down version" that chops out so much of the picture. She said that her and her husband had just bought this big screen TV and they didn't know why anyone would want to watch it all squished down like that. She said it just looks so horrible. I almost snorted when I kept my laugh in.
Needless to say that I bought the correct version instead of renting the version for those that are optically challenged.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. :)
[Edited last by Shawn Shultzaberger on October 06, 2001 at 10:46 PM]

Josh W

Agent
I hate Blockbuster but this weekend they really pissed me off. I rented Reservoir Dogs which happens to have the widescreen version on one side and pan and scan on the other. On the widescreen side has a bar code sticker stuck on to it. Leaving me with only the pan and scan version to watch.
By the way, great forum!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
---They force employees to undergo invasive, inaccurate hair-based drug tests.---
This is a joke.....isn't it?
------------------

Tim Holmes

Grip
I don't think this was meant as a joke at all.
What business is it of Blockbusters what happened in your private life that shows up in your hair? Let them judge their employees by their performance on the job.
Whether it's a government or a private interest testing a presumed innocent person for drugs, it is invasive to one's privacy regardless of the methods is used to test. Doing so with what the author claims are known inaccurate methods would be immoral.
Tim H.
------------------
---They force employees to undergo invasive, inaccurate hair-based drug tests.---
This is a joke.....isn't it?
------------------

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Immoral? I don't think so. Disagreeable, perhaps, but not immoral. I must have missed the part about BB employees being forced to work in those stores. Seems to me if they choose to work for an employer that screens its employees, the morality of the operation is not an issue.
[Edited last by Bill McCamy on October 07, 2001 at 08:06 PM]

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I also loathe Blockbuster. Trust me - You don't want to be in the same room when one of my friends mentions that they have to get a movie back to Blockbuster. I look at them like they've just donated money to the local chapter of Skinheads.
Then I go into my litany of reasons why Blockbuster is the devil. But since there's a Blockbuster every 11 blocks in Philadelphia, I doubt they'd use another store.
I don't rent DVDs nearly as much as I used to, but I use Tower Video for rentals. They're far from a perfect rental outlet also, but I get overnight rentals for three bucks, which is what I want.
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

Joel Johnson

Auditioning
Blockbuster does have a problem withthey way they rent DVD's so many times I have had to explain to family and my friends even my GF that there is no loss in picture but acctually a gain. Well i went into a local blockbuster and I was happy to see that there are widescreen versions of all movies they have. Even though I dont rent movies from there I was happy to see they havent gone over to the "other side" and lost all their WS movies. Hopefully they will keep up with this and keep everyone happy. I hate hearing from people that You are not seeing the whole picture with the "black Bars" some people will battle to the death with you felling that they are right then when you show them the difference there are quite appologetic. just my 2 cents been loving widescreen since I first got my LD player. 250 titles going strong hope fully by the time i am 24 (23 now) I will have eclpised 300.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks