What's new

BlockBuster stinks so bad! (1 Viewer)

Brian_M

Auditioning
I HATE BLOCKBUSTER!
A great rental place (not Blockbuster) that my wife and I used to use went out of business. They had a great selections and prices.
We were forced to go to Blockbuster for rentals. Last week we tried to rent a movie and the line was wrapped all through the building! I couldn't believe it. My wife told me to calm down as we got on line for at least a half hour wait.
I couldn't take it and went to look over the other DVD titles.
Ten minutes later she came back to the DVD area and said 'this is insane' and put the movie back on the shelf and we left.
Since she gets out of work around 4:30pm I told her if we want to rent a movie on Friday nights she should pick it up right after getting out of work. (I get out later and have about a 45 minute drive home).
Tonight she picked up The Mummy Returns for my son and I to watch while she and my daughter watch hockey on the other set.
We put the movie in and I see on the screen:
This movie has been formatted to fit the size of your TV.
#$%@$#@$@$! I didn't want to repeat the actual words I used. NO WIDE SCREEN! I'M NOT WATCHING IT!
God, I hate Blockbuster.

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
Had you come here more often, you would have already been aware of this, (see other thread), but seriously, I feel your pain, and agree, BB sucks, they pander to the lowest denominator (J6P). The problem is, there's not much we can do, the number of people who buy movies is far below that of people who rent, rentals = BB staying in business. In my opinion, they're the MS of movie rentals.
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Brian, I don't think you're supposed to use the word "suck" in your topic header on the HTF. :) However, you can use it in your post. So here goes! Blockbuster does indeed suck! Boy do they suck! They suck to infinity!
biggrin.gif

------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
They suck the suckiest suck suck that anyone could suck with a suck! And another suck! They suck.
angry.gif

Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
would it be an oxymoron if you rented "Blow" from Blockbuster
biggrin.gif

Blockbuster here just put two (2) Hollywood Video stores out of business... wherever there was another M&P store, they put their store and put them out of business... just don't support them, buy your DVDs instead ... Viva la resistance!
------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
And yet people still don't understand why so many of us buy DVDs without seeing the film. For most of us, Blockbuster is the only choice and it's a horrible choice at that.

Brian_M

Auditioning
'Had you come here more often, you would have already been aware of this.'
Brent, I've known BlockBuster sucks for quite some time.
It was a weak moment that we went there.
Kind of like riding a moped! Okay to ride but you wouldn't want your friends to see you on it.
By no means do I think BlockBuster is fun.

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sorry Brian, I wasn't being condescending on you going to BB, I was referring to a rather lengthy thread this week on the fact that most rental outlets have stocked ONLY the P&S version of MummyII. That's all I meant, (it was supposed to be tongue in cheek, but I'm a programmer, I have no communication skills). Sorry if I offended you. :)
Here it is btw: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/031276.html
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell
[Edited last by Brent Cantrell on October 05, 2001 at 09:06 PM]
[Edited last by Brent Cantrell on October 05, 2001 at 09:26 PM]

Brian_M

Auditioning
Bent, no offense taken at all. I didn't realize that there was a P&S issue with that movie and rental places. Although I'm not shocked.
Rob & Greg, after I hit 100+ DVD purchases I started renting at the GREAT store that went out of business as I did get stuck with some stinkers.
I guess I'll take my chances again since I despise BB so much.

Steve jc

Agent
I've had $25 worth of BB gift cards(incentive at work) for more than a year now. My tastes are definately not mainstream, therefore contrary to all BB stands for. Although I dread walking in there, on 9/25 I thought they would certainly carry a dvd I wanted to own. So I broke a years old vow and ventured into BB to purchase Citizen Kane on it's release day. It was not there. Not the next day, or a week later. I gave it one more try today, and yes, it was there. $25.19 total w/tax. Considering $25 was a free gc, Citizen Kane for 19 cents was a bargain. Now that my gift cards are spent and the incentive program at work was discontinued, the best part of this tale is the fact I will never, EVER have any reason to enter a blockbuster again.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I will never, EVER rent anything from BallBuster in my lifetime again!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
What really is a kick in the crotch to this whole Blockbuster only offering the P&S Mummy 2 is that thier latest DVD rental ad featuring that title and a few others is letterboxed.
-Ian

Erik_Hetz

Auditioning
I thought my most recent visit to Blockbuster was a success till I got home and found out my newly acquired Pre-Viewed Silence of the Lambs was FS!!!! I hope Blockbuster has a good return policy because its going straight back to the store in the morning. Ridiculous!!! I've read some other threads on HTF that Blockbuster would swap FS for a WS if you rented the incorrect one. I wonder if they'll swap you if you've bought the disc.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
After moving into my apartment this fall, I had all my HT equipment in my college town as opposed to where it was in previous years (at my parent's house). In my hometown there is a chain known as Video Vault which is pretty good about service and selection (although their prices are a bit high). So now that I am in Lexington I attempted to rent at local BB a few times. Well the Chasing Amy I rented was in horrible condition! Not to mention the BB's around here don't seperate their DVD movies from their VHS ones. Everything is grouped together. Really sloppy. Luckily there is a chain known as Hancock's Home Video here that is amazing! Low prices, good selection, and good organization! Thank the maker for them!
Brandon Smith
------------------
bdohtf.jpg

http://sweb.uky.edu/~btsmit2
[email protected]

AllenD

Second Unit
Due to the fact I've been unemployed since January (tech slump is literally killing me) I've had to curb my DVD spending and rent instead. I have no choice but to rent from either BB and HV. I've tried BB and I'm actually somewhat satisfied with their growing selection. I've been away from HTF's software forum and have not heard about BB stocking only P&S on certain titles.
This pisses me off "to no end!" I'm going into BB tomorrow to cancel my membership and I'll let the manager know they should cater to all viewers. Not just to the uninformed masses!
EDIT: Oh, and I'll let them know they suck the suckiest suck of the suckiest suck of them all!
[Edited last by AllenD on October 06, 2001 at 02:09 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks