What's new

Blockbuster new Billboards (1 Viewer)

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
Driving home from work today, to my surprise I saw a new Blockbuster Billboard that had the Blockbuster logo and right below in white letter it says " Why buy a DVD ? " then below that it says " Do you really watch a DVD more than once ? "

I found it funny it just seems to me that they are just desperate to find a way for people to just stop buying DVD's and subject us to there Pan Scan DVD's

Blockbuster wake up !!!!

Andy_S

Second Unit
Someone needs to go up there and spraypaint the following:

"Rental Fee + Late Fee > Purchasing DVD!"

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Driving home the other day I saw Blockbuster add on a city but that says "Rent is better than Buying" ( or something like that).. NOT!!

Chris Lock

Second Unit
If that's their attitude, why do they sell DVDs? I guess I'll take their advice & stop buying DVDs... from them!

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Does Blockbuster really need any promotion? You can swing a dead cat and hit three Blockbusters and 40 Starbucks.

They're everywhere!!

Blockbuster: Killing small business one store at a time.

Starbucks: Got $6? We got (a small) coffee.

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
I rather just go to Hollywood Video anyway if I want to rent a DVD.

I can keep it for 5 days, instead of the 2 1/2 days that BB gives you. and they have Widescreen too. The only bad thing at least in my area is that Hollywood Video does not have that big of a selection on DVD as BB.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
yes, i have seen these ads. there's another one that i saw the other day...went something like this: "The price of 4 rentals = price of 1 new DVD." they forgot to add that the rental discs are not always OAR, are usually scratched, get subject to late fees, and you can't watch it again next week for free. i think they're getting desperate!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks