What's new

Blockbuster Liquidation (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Well, today's the day. Remaining BB stores are officially starting their liquidation sales. I don't think the initial deals are super special, but the discounts will likely increase over time until the stores shut down by the end of the year. We can track 'em here.

This is kind of sad. . .I have a lot of previes in blue-trimmed cases on my shelf. :(

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm not even sure where a BB even is around here. My town has a Family Video(which is hiring???). The other two towns the other way have mom/pop rental via a gas station.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Craig S said:
Aaron, why am I not surprised that you are the starter of the thread on the final Blockbuster liquidation?? :D
Perhaps my ruthless efficiency and almost fanatical devotion to the Pope will put you in your place!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As of Friday, BDs were marked down from $12.99 to $8.99. DVDs in cardboard sleeves were $4.99. I forget how much regular DVDs were. TV season sets were $25, apparently the same for DVD or BD. I'll probably stop by again once or twice.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thursday seems to be markdown day. As of last Thursday, previewed DVDs *and* BDs were $3.99, new release previewed BDs were $9.99, and DVDs in plain blue envelopes were 3 for $10. TV season sets were $9.99, BD or DVD. Also, on Friday, you got a free blue envelope DVD for every $10 spent (that might be every Friday, but I'm not sure). Previewed video games were 40% off. Disney "Vault" DVDs were marked higher, mostly in the $20 range.

Interestingly, there was a sign on the door saying something like "New arrivals every week, so keep checking back!" I guess they're clearing out warehouses or something.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Today is the END OF THE LINE for Blockbuster. At least the one around here, anyway. I made one last stop last night -- new release and TV set discs are $8 and single film discs are $3. Disney Vault stuff is still in the $15-$20 range.

Goodnight, sweet blue prince! I'll miss ya.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Goodnight, sweet blue prince! I'll miss ya.
The Blockbuster in my area (which I even briefly worked at for a few months after graduating college) closed a few years back and when I drive by the building, I still think of the fond memories of renting movies with friends in high school.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks