Blockbuster Card

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by BenKo, Aug 15, 2005.

1. BenKo

BenKo Auditioning

I'm 13 years old and I should really get a Blockbuster card. Is a regular Blockbuster Card free? How old do you have to be to get one? Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. Kain_C

Kain_C Screenwriter

You may have to be 18. Not sure. It is free, unless you want Blockbuster Rewards.

If I were you though, I'd talk my parents into getting a Netflix account. It's cheaper and you will find ALOT more titles available. I know BB has an online program, but I've come to dislike the company so I've decided to go with the competition and so I don't know much about their online program. Maybe someone can provide details on the differences.

Ever since I started my Netflix account a couple of months ago, I've maybe stepped into a Blockbuster a couple of times. And I'm from a family that had the 5th most active BB account in our city!

3. BenKo

BenKo Auditioning

Thank you! I've heard about Netflix on TV,internet etc. But one question. I heard you make a list of DVDs that they ship over to you. Can you make one of the selected DVDs come before another? Because if a new movie came out and your dying to see it you won't see it for awhile beccause you have 10 other movies in front of it. I will probably be able to easily afford it. I make 28 bucks a week for maintaing the yard and cleaning the house [​IMG].

4. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Yes, you can order your queue by what you want to receive first. The thing to do with new releases is to just have them at the top of your queue before they come out, they are just ignored until the day before release day. They will ship them the day before release day, since they know there is no way you can receive them in less than a day. The best thing to do is send something back the Saturday before a popular new release comes out, it should be received Monday and the new release sent out in its place, so long as it is #1 in your queue.

I'm pretty sure you need a credit card for NetFlix, so maybe you can make a deal with the folks where the $18 plus tax/month is deducted from the money normally pay you and have them register a credit card.

You also need a CC on file with BlockBuster to rent, so you're in the same boat, except you would be paying $4 per rental. Go with NetFlix instead.

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Another plus for Netflix vs Blockbuster that your parents might like is that Netflix is a fixed cost each month - one flat regular fee instead of you having to pay per rental at Blockbuster.

6. BenKo

BenKo Auditioning

I'm hearing that Netflix isn't really "unlimited." I heard from a friend in California that lives a half an hour away from a shipping base. He said if your're on the 1 DVD at at a time plan then after the 3rd dvd you rented in the same week they start making stupid stories. "Oh your DVD was lost in the mail." How can a DVD be lost if the guy lives a half an hour away from the base! When he ships it back he says (living a half an hour away) It sometimes takes up to 7 calendar days for it to get back!! Which probably means that they're holding the DVDs to save money on shipping charges. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

7. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Don't be greedy. For one thing, I thought the 1 at a time plan had a stated limit. Remember, it is a company, so don't expect them to willingly lose money. My experience is they will not have a problem with one exchange per week. If you are on the 3 out plan for $18, that is 12 movies a month, or basically $1.50 per movie. That is a GREAT deal. Your friend needs to stop trying to get something for nothing. Maybe NetFlix should be a little more upfront about limiting the number of rentals, but if your friend is trying to do 3 per week, that means he expects to get about 12 movies per month for $10. It costs them more than that for shipping alone.