What's new

BlockBuster Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale (1 Viewer)

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Just got the email from Blockbuster. The Buy 2 Get 1 for free sale is from March 11 through March 31, 2003.

Looks like a good time to pick up the Six Feet Under set. Last time I picked up Band of Brothers for only $27.

Might also check out the PS2 & Xbox games this time around.

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
The disks were $6.99 a piece

BoB 1 =6.99
BoB 2 =6.99
BoB 3 =Free
BoB 4 =6.99
BoB 5+6 =6.99
Ali = Free

total 27.96 + Tax

I have heard others say they paided $9 a disc. It's was a great deal even though you don't get the tin case.

I had picked up the 5 disc Godfather set the year before.

My local store pulls dvds every Sunday and know me by name now. :b

Dave Mark

Stunt Coordinator
I've already scouted out my Blockbusters. They never seem to have any three titles at one store (XBOX) that I really want. I'm definately planning on getting MOH:Frontline, Tony Hawk 4, and one other (probably MGS2:Substance, even though it can be had at EB games for $15 used when in stock).

In a dream world, I would hope they would have Panzer Dragoon and Splintercell used, but for $55, I can't complain about getting the three above titles.

BTW, I looked at five different Blockbuster's. I'm amazed at the variation in price from store to store. MGS2 was between $20 and $35 used. Buffy was $10-$35 used. Some stores were still selling titles such as Max Payne, 007:Agent Under Fire, and NBA 2K2 for $50.

If I've learned one thing since I got my X-mas XBox, it's to definately shop around. Also, at BB, many of the used games do not have instructions in the case. I talked to a clerk today and she said that unless the game is listed on the cover as "no instructions", the instructions should be there. She fished around the back of the store and found them. I bought a copy of NBA2K2 last month and I may bring it back and see if they can get me the instruction booklet for that.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Went to BB Wednesday. Found the first 4 disks for Band of Brothersbut now 5/6 disks. Talked to the sales guy and he kind of hems & haws..."Well, I'll call another stroe to see if they have one." Then the next thing I knwo the other sales guy grabs vol 5/6 off the rental shelf and sells it to me. I was floored!! Talk about great customer service!! I told them they are getting my money from now on(only during sales though). So I picked up:

Band of Brothers set disks 1-6
My First Mister (Leelee Sobieski) - excellent film by the way.
Total out the door - 42.65

if that wasn't good enough he grabs the regular cases, not the crappy BB cases, and puts the disks in them. Off to DVDcoverart.com to print out some covers.

Later,
Chet

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I got all of Band Of Brothers accept Volume 3 (parts5&6). I would really appreciate if anyone finds one of these let me know and i'll paypal you or trade you something for it.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Jeff: I guess I've never done the paypal thing or traded but I'll call a few places and see if I can even find it.

Yep...found it for 9.99 if you still want it. I have it on hold so get back to me as soon as you can. I'm sure they can hold it for me for a few days.

:)

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Does anyone know if Blockbuster is selling previously viewed DVDs of the unrated version of Y Tu Mama Tambien? Thanks!

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, they do. That's how I got my copy. However, that was several months ago and I haven't seen any at my local BBV recently.

Dave C

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Paul Chi
"Y Tu Mama Tambien?" Yea, I saw a bunch of those yesterday when I was picking up BOB Vol 3 but do not know if they are the unrated version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks