What's new

Blockbuster Bashing (1 Viewer)

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I know they have probably been bashed enough in this forum, but is anyone else experiencing this problem: I live part time while I am going to college in Tallahassee, Florida. Almost every store in Tallahassee is franchised so they do not always honor the same deals as corporate stores do....Case in point. BB and CC were out of XXX so since I knew that Blockbuster now price matches I decided to give them a try. I got an earful from this teenage punk behind the counter about how each Blockbuster in Tallahassee is individually owned and they don't have to honor their counterpart stores' deals. I will be the first person to tell you that I will make a scene to get the deal I want, but I was about the punch the kid in his mouth for being such a smart ass....Does anyone else have this problem with Blockbuster?

ian_graven

Grip
They sent my friend to a collection agency for a $1.12 unpaid late fee.......LOL

You would think proccessingf the paper work would cost more than a $1.12

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I've had a similar problem. Just ask for the manager. You aren't going to get what you want with some power-tripping teenager behind the counter. There should also be a telephone number behind the counter on those displays somewhere about getting in touch with a regional manager. Most BlockBusters are privately owned, but they still honor the deals that the company offers, otherwise it wouldn't be a BlockBuster. Perhaps if you call the regional manager, he can shape things up, or cause the owner of the store to lose his franchise name.

And when's the last time you've seen a successful family run rental place? I can count 1 within 10 miles of me.

And on a side note, I know a Blockbuster near me wasn't price matching Toys R Us' AOTC deal because they knew that Toys R Us was sold out. Them bastards!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I received a warning in the mail for a late fee for a DVD that THEY didn't scan in correctly and put back on the shelf! And then the stupid teen "manager" said that this "happens all the time." Uh-huh. I haven't rented from there since and won't. I buy the DVDs I want, and hope I'm one of the reasons BB stock has dropped!

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
The Blockbuster near me has a manager and several employees who have been there for over 5 years. They are the nicest people and treat me like gold. They greet me by name when I come in the store and don't even scan my card. The manager is quite the movie buff and is able to make recommendations on movies I might like. I guess this is rare.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I've never experienced any issues with Blockbuster. However, from the sounds of it, I should keep my fingers crossed - just in case. :b

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think I also may be lucky. The blockbuster down the street from me seems to have a pretty good staff. Not as good as I would like, but much better than I have come to expect.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
I will noooo Longer Subject myself into going to Blockbuster to rent a Movie. What I don't understand is that if a movie such as Sum of all fears is only available in Wide screen BB will stock the Shelves with that and they do get rented out. But if a movie is available in 2 Flavors PAN AND SCAM and wide screen they get the FOOL SCREEN. WHY WHY WHY. I wish (I know this will fall on Deaf ears at BB HQ) But why cant they have a WIDE SCREEN SECTION. with a big sign tht says THESE MOVIES HAVE THOSE BIG BLACK BARS THAT YOU HATE ON THEM. So the people(LIKE ME) who know what they are missing can enjoy a movie the way it was meant to be seen.

Does any one know if if west coast video rents wide screen DVD's? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks