Blockbuster and this scam

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Eric Stuckey, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

I went into BB to rent Six Feet Under Season 1 and they had all of ther box sets set up so you have to pay for each disk out of the set. 6FU has 4 ( I think ),I mean heck,,I could almost buy it for what it will cost me to rent them all.Big scam

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

It's not any different than renting the Sopranos discs. They break apart the season so each disc has to get rented on its own.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Conversely, you're still getting 2-3 hours of entertainment for the price of one rental.

And if you rented the first DVD of the set, and decided you didn't like the series, the first rental is your only cost. If you bought the DVD set blindly and didn't like it, you'd be out $70-$80.

4. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Ouch, Patrick! That would smart. Re-conversely (I'm making up words as I go along)..., what if you did like disk 1, went back to get disk 2 and they were out?

That is what I'd find frustrating too!

Glenn

5. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    They did the same for Band of Brothers too... I don't agree with the policy, I would prefer they have a longer rental period for a little more money for TV series' on DVD, but that's my own opinion.