What's new

Blockbuster 3/$25 DVD's (1 Viewer)

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
Was just in to my local Blockbuster, and they had 3/$25 for this weekend only on previously viewed DVD's.

Picked up Master & Commander, Sea Biscuit and X2.

-Gerry

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Who needs Best Buy coupons when there are deals like this? They can take their 10% and stick it where their management resides.

I'm there! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm in! I'm going with Malcolm! I just picked up Last Samurai PV. Unfortunately, there's not too much else out I'm interested in right now.

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I got The Missing, Matchstick Men and Master & Commander

not bad for $8.83 each virtually new condition.

Didn't see Last Samurai there though.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Check again Monday (today), guys. We pull on Sundays and sometimes as late as Mondays. Small but quality pulls today. Kill Bill, Big Fish, Love Don't Cost A Thing, and more, depending on location. Also, the sale goes on until close Monday night, so you still have a chance to browse. FYI, this also includes the 9.99 Big DVD Trade In titles that aren't technically PVD's, but they ring up in the 3 for 25 or 2 for 20 (which is a permanent everyday low price sort of program still in effect, even this holiday weekend). As a DVD collector long before my Blockbuster tenure, those are just some good deals.

Matt

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Damnit, the guys said it was only through yesterday so I picked out 3. Big Fish is one I particularly wanted. If it's there today and the sale is still on, I'm gonna be a little pissed.

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
Matt, how does your store mark you DVD's. Mine takes a black sharpie and writes BLOCKBUSTER and some code on the discs. It really prevents me from taking advantage of these deals so I wondered if it is company policy to mark disc and if there is a standard.

Thanks,

Mike

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Mike, my local store used to write "PPD" on them, but now they don't put anything. FWIW, all is not lost. I use a soft cotton polishing cloth, the type intended to buff wax off your car (don't use it for that, though) and some rubbing alcohol to remove the writing. Contrary to what has sometimes been said on this forum, rubbing alcohol will not harm DVDs. Any damage people caused was not due to the rubbing alcohol, but by how it was applied. moisten the cloth well and rub gently from center to edge until the print is gone. I have done this with hundreds of DVD without a single problem. It is also good for cleaning the surface of the disc, but don't use a part of the cloth that has dark residue from the ink.

Jon-C

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped into BB today and they are having a sale for PV, buy 2 get 1 free. There wasn't much left on the shelves to choose from, so I asked an employee if there was another PV display located somewhere else in the store. She replied "no", but would go look for a box of PV she had seen in the back room, earlier in the day.

Well, to make a long story short, I picked up (all with original cases and inserts) Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Open Range, School Of Rock, Lion King 1.5, Brother Bear and LXG for $24 and some change.

I need to drop by BB more often!:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I wonder if they (BB) were feeling any pressure from the Hollywood Video sale...

It's the same price and has been running for weeks.

I'm partial to HV because they place the movies in new cases typically.

They also don't mark the discs or cases either.

I only know of one location that puts a security sticker on the disc (black strip) due a theft problem at that store.

For whatever reason, I really don't like BB.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

I don't get it, I thought it was 3/$25

Six movies at $24 is $4 a movie...

Or $6 a movie if you paid only for 4...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks