What's new

Blizzard has just fulfilled my DVD wishes! (1 Viewer)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Wishes do come true!
As stated here, I yearned for DVDs of the cinematics from the games Starcraft, Diablo II, and Warcraft III. My wishes have been answered!
If you're like me, you love the cinematics produced for these games. Now, they can all be experienced on our home theatre systems in all of their glory from one boxed set.
The Blizzard DVD Collection (a three-disc boxed set) is available now. It arrived in Canadian stores yesterday. Each disc contains the complete in-game cinematics from StarCraft, Diablo II, and Warcraft III, in widescreen and digitally re-mastered for enhanced picture quality for home theatre playback.
Each disc also contains director's commentary, concept art and storyboards, and trailers of classic and !upcoming! Blizzard games.
I only just picked up the collection. Here's hoping that the complete cinematics are anamorphic and are in Dolby Digital Surround.

Chris M

Second Unit
Yeah, and the Diablo II DVD in the Diablo II super duper edition. But I never wanted to spend that much money!

Chris.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I would like it better if they put out the cinematics from WC 1 & 2 and Diablo as well, but I guess this will have to do. :)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Rob, the cinematics for WC2 are on the WC3 DVD!! I believe the cinematics for WC1 (the few of them) are on it as well. You have to answer a few easy trivia questions (easy if you played the series) to access them! ;)

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for posting this. I just got the set from the local EB for $20.

The guy in Gamestop looked at me like I was mad when I asked if they had it though!

Rob T

Screenwriter
Rob, the cinematics for WC2 are on the WC3 DVD!! I believe the cinematics for WC1 (the few of them) are on it as well. You have to answer a few easy trivia questions (easy if you played the series) to access them!
Excellent! :)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
All cinematics are indeed anamorphic!!! (and everything else-menus, trailers, artwork-aren't).

Diablo II and Warcraft III also have Dolby Digital Surround as an option (yay), while Starcraft doesn't (stereo only). Interestingly, each also has a number of alternate and faithful language options in addition to subtitle options. Excellent music accompanies each menu.

Each is a DVD-5 (or less?). Diablo II and Warcraft III include a one page-one sided insert listing credits, Starcraft does not have any insert whatsoever.

Concept art is presented mainly as sets of multiple art pieces on each screen. Excellent, excellent material here.

The storyboards feature in each DVD is not boards that you page through. Rather, this feature is a multi-window screen showing the storyboard, in some cases animatic (moving storyboard with computer generated imagery), and final result of one scene (with final sound) playing simultaneously.

The Starcraft cinematics (which also include those from the expansion set Brood War) have a subtle flicker or stutter, most likely inherent in the source-perhaps the less powerful (by today's standards) equipment and software of the time to render and animate so much action (at framerates less than 30 or 24 frames per second?). Diablo II and Warcraft III are perfect.

As advertised, director's commentaries are also included which I've yet to experience.

I wonder if the Diablo II and Warcraft III discs are exact copies of those included in those super special sets of these respective games.

It's available from Compucentre and Electronics Boutique.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks