Blinds and curtain?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by David Preston, Jul 31, 2003.

1. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I have been searching for curtains. Still haven't got them yet. My question is if you have blinds which I do the 2 inch faux wood blinds do you think it looks stupid to have blinds and curtains. I want curtains for light control.

2. Josh~H

Josh~H Stunt Coordinator

IMO it would look stupider to have light shining on your HT screen than to have curtains with blinds. [​IMG]

Seriously, I've seen a mix of the two before, but usually with those blinds I've only seen "modest" window treatments -- some type of valance and a swag, for example. Still, fashions change quickly...be on the leading edge and start a trend! Unless you're very self-conscious and worried about what the neighbors might think, I can't see any real downside to just throwing some complementary curtains over those blinds. You don't want to compromise your HT experience, which you've likely invested far more money in than in your blinds.

3. Pam W

Pam W Stunt Coordinator

David,

Blinds and curtains are perfectly acceptable in the home dec world.

Female's $0.02
    Pam[​IMG]

4. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

David, you checked out my pics of my theater. We just put a valance over the window but I dont think it would look bad to have curtins as well.

You can get some nice hooks to match your decore and when the curtins are open hook them around the hook for a nice look.

Go check out Sears or JC Pennys and see waht they have that are pre-made. You may get a good idea from their displays.

Good luck

5. David Preston

Thanks everybody I didn't think it would look to bad my wife on the other hand was the one that didn't like the idea. She loves HT stuff but I don't know why she don't want the curtains to go with it. Thanks Pam for the Female's $0.02. I'll show my wife that a woman said it was fashionably correct.

6. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

7. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

8. David Preston

What has me puzzled is she wanted the bigger RPTV and she also wanted a new set of speakers fronts rears and everything. I wasn't planning on them but when she said I think we need them I didn't hesitate. Now I suggest curtains and she is totally against it. I'll let you know how it works out.