What's new

Blind Justice ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
I think the show is pretty amazing. The first episode should have had more time (a 2 hour pilot).

But Dunbar's character is convincing, and the guy sure plays it well. Tho there aren't many real people with the kind of determination he shows.

I'd think after 3-4 weeks everyone on the squad would be ready the kick the ass of the cop who acts like the worst high school bully.

The show is a far cry from Sue Thomas, FBI, but I guess that one is aimed at the kids?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Dunbar had a wandering eye before he was blinded. Now, I guess even that has caught up to him.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, that's right, they did talk about that in the pilot. I find it a little funny that now he's partnered with a complete knock-out like Karen, a woman he probably would have went for, but now he can't even see her.

It's either irony, or karma, I can't decide which.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
BTW, just FYI fella's, I just e-mailed MAXIM magazine and made them aware, if they weren't already, of Marisol, and I also plan to e-mail Stuff and FHM as well. We've got to get her in one of these mags in the very near future!

Or at least I do. ;)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
We lost interest after the second episode and removed it from our record list...

Too cliched and too predictable.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Really? A guy blew his head off right in front of Karen last week, didn't see that coming! :D

I purposly held off posting in this thread again to see if anyone took the initiative first and nobody has. Shame, I see constant activity in the ongoing threads for 'Desperate Housewives', 'Boston Legal', 'Grey's Anatomy' and even 'Jake in Progress' (terrible show IMO) but not this one.

It's every bit as good as those shows are IMO. Sorry if i'm championing the show hard and basically being a pain in the ass about it. ;)

For those that are interested, this weeks episode looks to be a really good one, be sure to double check your Tivo lists.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't watch this show's recording until the weekend, unless it's a light week. I think they are stretching plausibility to have Jim out on the streets where at a moment's notice, he's expected to either run after a suspect, or draw a gun on the suspect. Jim's too big a liability in tense situations like that.

Now, as an airchair detective, it might work, but it's doubtful Jim would want to be steered in that direction as a desk jockey.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
John,
I've been saying since the show started (check my earlier message) that Blind Justice is a worthy successor to NYPD Blue and I still consider that time slot to be worth watching. A lot of the other new stuff is, IMO, several notches below this show in quality of plot and execution. At this point I see no reason to alter my initial reaction of

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

When a show keeps churning out episodes of consistent quality, that's not something that usually prompts a lot of discussion after the initial comments. But when a show either involves a contest (Like Survivor, American Idol, The Apprentice or The Amazing Race) or a continuing story (like 24 or Desperate Housewives), or has a dropoff in quality (like The Apprentice, IMO) you are going to get passionate responses from all camps.

With a show like Blind Justice, this is a case where "no news" is actually "good news."

;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I guess that makes sense, Robert, i'll buy that.

Patrick,
I think it's just a matter of Jim getting a handle on things as his other senses become more accute. I don't believe anyone expects him to run after a suspect, even he knows he can't do that, and as far as him drawing his weapon, it's reflex, that's what he's been trained to do. But I agree that there is no way he can fire it at a suspect with any degree of confidence or accuracy. In short, he really shouldn't have a gun, no matter how keen his hearing or other senses get, he simply needs to be able to see to fire a gun.

But his expertise of crime scenes is an invaluable tool and he still does it very well, it would be a great injustice to the squad for him to remain at his desk all day and waste his talent for crime solving. Also, what kind of a boring show would that be!? ;)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I've hung in there with this show and now I'm liking it. I like the dynamic of the cops at the station and I like that they don't make his blindness a gimmick of solving a crime every week. The most recent episode when he loses his dog shows just how vulnerable he can be. The only part that's really getting stale with me his weekly fight with his wife, man that's getting old.

Oh and I love that they don't use the shakey camera! :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks for bringing the thread back up, guy's. :emoji_thumbsup: I quit posting in it each week because again it seemed nobody felt like talking about this great show and I had to twist arms to get them to do so.

I really hope that this gets picked up for another season, I love this show! I second the opinion on the group dynamic that has formed between Jim and the squad, even Marty is growing on me and I hated him at first when he was always giving Jim a hard time. I also second the shaky camera comment, that device is so tired! They think it makes a show more gritty and realstic, but all it really does is give me a headache.

The issue with Jim and his wife is a bit touchy for me, on the one hand I can uderstand why their marriage is stressed, but on the other hand her mood swings are getting irritating, like during the last episode when she just got angry at Jim for no apparent reason. However, and I must say, the way the show portrays them, it feels like a real marriage and I do like that aspect of it.

This weeks episode was a doozy! When that deal at the yard went south and they all took off on Jim as he was yelling "My dog! Don't take my dog!!" I wanted to cry! :frowning: It's an edge I remained on for the entire episode, I didn't even care about the case this week...I just wanted Jim to get Hank back safely and I was afraid something aweful was going to happen to Hank.

That scene when he was up all night in the apartment, worried about Hank was a killer, I would so do the same thing if my pet were missing. It showed that Hank is more than just Jim's seeing eye dog, he's his friend. It also showed that Hank's role in Jim's life is not just one of companionship or to press upon the audience that Jim is indeed blind as if we needed that pounding into our heads all the time, Hank's very important because as Jim stated in this episode, he's not so sure he could do the job without his help.

One more very small critique, Karen needs to smile a little more (although she is very sexy when she's angry :b) and wear a little less! ;)

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Doesn't look good.

Ratings from TVTome.com:

Episode 1: 8.9/14
Episode 2: 8.0/13
Episode 3: 7.3/12
Episode 4: 5.9/9
Episode 5: 6.3/9
Episode 6: 6.0/9
Episode 7: 5.8/9
Episode 9: 4.6/7
Episode 10: 4.9/8

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After this episode, I think Jim needs an ankle tracker when he goes "undercover" the next time (if there is a next time).

Frank has turned the corner on Jim, so the animosity has subsided.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:frowning:

If this show get's cancelled, it's simply because people just didn't know what they were missing. They gave up on it too fast IMO.

I really love this show, I hope it improves, but it doesn't look like it is so far. :frowning:

John Watson

Screenwriter
We watch it each week. But my wife will watch anything* with crime, so it's me that enjoys it that is notable.

The tension-with-wife thing is a little tedious, but it seems like Jim is obtuse, and I don't blame her as much as him.

* Medium anyone? :frowning:

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Well, ABC has announced it's schedule and Blind Justice is not on it.

Too bad - I usually don't like cop shows, but this one was really good.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I was prepared to dislike this show based on its title -- "Blind Justice"? It evoked the glorious years of cheese-o-riffic late-night action shows like Dark Justice and Silk Stalkings. Which is fine for after-midnight fun, but sounds just silly for a prime-time slot.

However, to my chagrin, the show is actually good, despite its title. I don't watch consistently, catching it perhaps every other episode. But what I've seen, I really like.

And last week's "Don't take my dog!" episode was particularly strong. I hope it continues.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
If nothing else, give that smoking hot partner of his a job on another show.. :)

I like the main character as an actor, too.. Always have.. Ever since he appeared with Rob Shneider in that short-lived "Men Behaing Badly" comedy series.. Another show that had major potential, and was FUNNY!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.