What's new

Blind Justice ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone see the commercials for the new detective show airing after NYPD Blue is done on ABC? It is about a NY cop who after a shooting goes blind. And with his other senses hightened and his detective skills helps solves crimes with the police still. It stars Ron Eldard from ER.

I guess the producers watched Daredevil a few times.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Hate the title of the show. The commercial was a tad silly. But I really like Ron Eldard, so I will give the show a few chances. Hopefully it is good.

Now all we need is Rutger Hauer to guess star as another blind man, but as a vigilante with a sword. The episode should be called "Blind Justice's Fury"

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ah, but was Stan Lee aware of Zatoichi when he created Matt Murdock?

Still, I don't think this character is like Murdock or Ichi in that he doesn't have any radar/sonar that take the place of eyesight. Besides, it's always nice to see "insane Bochco" come out every once in a while.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
The premiere was so-so. The commercials also reminded me of Daredevil, using his blindness as a gimmick to stand out from the standard police dramas.

The story and case were plain and his issues (home life, co-workers) were standard and uninteresting. Even his dog didn't get much action. When he challenged the cop to grab his gun, I knew it was going to pay off later and when it did, it was so obvious and forced.
-

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll keep recording it until it goes bye-bye for now.

I can't get used to Dunbar's new cop partner being so talkative because she used to be on Cold Case as the girlfriend of Danny's with psychological problems, and was pretty subdued as that character, but she's easy on the eyes, too bad for Dunbar in that respect.

It does look like they'll be playing up the other heightened senses of Dunbar's, plus tossing in a lot of deductive reasoning by Dunbar to solve the cases.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know what was on his wife's(?) t-shirt that they blurred out? It was incredibly distracting. I must know! ;)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Not sure this show will catch on...seemed to slow and uninteresting to me.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Seems like the show is trying too hard with this gimmick. The previews make it look like he was blinded in the line of duty, but instantly develops his other senses so he can resume his old job. It just doesn't work that way...your other senses might gradually get better, but not that quickly. He also seems to be able to use his cane and dog quickly too...

It just seems like another sighted actor badly portraying a blind person. I don't believe he is blind for a second.

I'll be skipping this one.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Don't be so Johnny-on-the-spot with the hammer and nails, Patrick, my God it's only the first episode, don't dig it's grave prematurly.

I loved the show! I really bought into Dunbar's determination, he's refusing to let his disability hinder his professional life and I hooked into that right away. Plus, he's a very likable charactor, Ron Eldard is perfectly cast in this.

I'm definatly on board with this show, i'm looking forward to next weeks ep.

And my, my, my, I found myself a new honey in Marisol Nichols, she's drop dead bangin!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Rob T

Screenwriter
I noticed some very DD like poses in some of the shots..

It was ok. I like Stephen Bochco cop shows though.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

It's dead, bring on the Katherine Heigl eye candy medical drama and reruns of Boston Legal. Even the Tim Daly show looks OK in comparison. This and the Stamos show are dead on arrival. :D

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Episode #1 held my interest enough to bring me back for more in my post-NYPDBlue recovery period. And, as others have said, Bochco adds another plus.

Question: Is this series based at all on the British mini-series, Second Sight? A friend recommended SS to me and I've got the DVDs but haven't watched them yet.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
The whole thing sounds like a marketing meeting..

"See, we've got this cop, see.. and he's blinded.. tragically! And then we can have a DOG! And his partner.. well, that'll be a hot woman! And get this for the name, you're going to love this Jerry.. BLIND JUSTICE! It can't fail!"

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

Well ... I don't know how long blind people actually have to work with a guide dog, etc ... but I believe it's supposed to be about a year from the time of the shooting until he returned to duty.
btw, I love that Marisol Nichols is on a weekly show ... I've always found her quite attractive ever since (don't laugh) "Vegas Vacation" (sort of off-topic here, but I thought Vegas Vacation was horrible the first time I saw it, and now think it's hilarious ....)

Bryan

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Now your speaking my language! :D

My devotion to Katherine goes way back to My Father the Hero when I could just tell she was a hottie waiting to happen. My keen intuition was later confirmed when I saw Under Siege 2. She was also the only reason to watch Roswell. If that's what Aliens look like, i'm on the wrong freaking planet!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I'm looking forward to her new show.

As for the Stamos show Jake In Progress, I hope it does alright, it stars another of my all time lucious honies Madchen Amick. I nearly shit my pants when I first saw her on Twin Peaks! :eek:

BTW, enough with the DD jokes already, he's blind and Eldard's blind, HA HA, we get it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread