Blind Dead Recall Notice

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mark Zimmer, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

From today's entry in Tim Lucas's Video Watchblog:

THE BLIND DEAD COLLECTION

TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD and
    RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD – Replacement Discs

BLUE UNDERGROUND discovered a one-second audio dropout in the Spanish Version of TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD, and a one-frame video/audio glitch in the Spanish Version of RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD, included in THE BLIND DEAD COLLECTION. The DVDs have been fixed and remastered.

Replacement DVDs are ready now should any customers wish to replace their discs. Please mail the Disc(s) Only (do not send the plastic case or coffin box) along with the Return Address to:

BLIND DEAD Replacement
    11271 Ventura Boulevard #500
    Studio City, CA 91604
    ===

Not bad.

2. Jesse Blough

Jesse Blough Second Unit

Heh, I noticed those glitches but I wasn't bothered much by them. This is real nice of BU to do this.

3. CameronMcC

CameronMcC Second Unit

good show...just wish they had a call in line or something...i hate mailing off without some form of tracking in the computer.

4. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

this is really great of them but for real customer service they should be providing mailers like universal did for the Back to the future set.

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i wont be happy unless they send a carrier to my house to pick it up.

6. Charlie O.

Charlie O. Supporting Actor

Is there a phone number or anything just to make sure the discs got there?

7. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

[​IMG] ......god I hope that's a joke.[​IMG]

8. Jeff Krispow

Jeff Krispow Stunt Coordinator

Just as an FYI for Charlie O. -- or others wondering if there is a way to check if their discs "got there" -- if you are really worried, your best bet is to send your discs with Delivery Confirmation attached. Therefore you have proof that it reached it's destination.

However, the one thing you shouldn't waste your money on is for a signature delivery -- you likely won't get one.

Blue Underground's listed "11271 Ventura Boulevard #500" address is actually a Private Mail Box at "The UPS Store" -- as I just found out for myself today. This address is only a few miles away from my home, so while doing errands today. I stopped by with my discs hoping that I might be able to quickly exchange them for the replacement discs. Whoops -- did I get a big "surprise."

So tomorrow, I'm going to be sending both my discs back to BU via standard mail for replacement -- or maybe I'll just stop back in again andleave my envelope in their box directly. (Then again, considering what gas now costs here in Los Angeles at nearly $3.00/gallon, it's probably cheaper to just use a 37 cent stamp instead...).

Just for the record -- for those of you possibly worried about sending in your discs to this "UPS Store" Private Mailbox address, don't be. Whie obviously not Blue Underground's actual business address, it's definitely their correct and legimate mailing address -- I've sent in a disc to this address before for replacement and received it back fairly quickly without any problems, so I'm not worried nor should you be.

[c]* * * * *[/c]

Just as an FYI:

According to my wife's law firm (she's an actress / legal secretary -- yup, she definitely has interesting work weeks at times), it's now "highly improper" to use a "#" or "Suite #" for mailing addresses that are actually a P.O. Box or a Private Mail Box, at least here in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. New businesses (and theoretically existing businesses as well) using a Private Mail Box mailing address must now designate them as such with a "PMB" extension. This is apparently being done as a "protection" measure, to ensure that the public is aware that their mailing is going to a Private Mail Box rather than an actual home or business address. Therefore, Blue Underground's above-listed "UPS Store" mailing address should more properly be listed as "11271 Ventura Blvd., PMB #500".

Either way, we all know that Blue Underground is a legitimate, outstanding, and reputable company, and whatever their mailing address is, you can be ensured that your disc is getting to the right place for replacement.

I send my thanks to Blue Underground for actually offering these replacements, and look forward to their future releases.