Blind Date

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

...So I'm sitting here at 11:00pm and watching Blind Date on FOX. What the hell is wrong with me?! It's been like this for two weeks! I can't stop watching it.

Some of these people are so depressing and desperate. Ugh.

I've also been catching myself watching "The 5th Wheel". Now that's a pretty good freak show.

2. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

My tivo keeps telling me I like blind date. Never heard of 5th wheel what channel is it on?

3. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Make sure you check out Elimidate and Rendez-View while you're at it. I think the Rendez-View producers purposely set up dates they know won't work. Most of the people on there are 3 times the freak show that Blind Date is.

4. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

The 5th Wheel is where you have two sets of dates going out at the same time. They swap dates/people about 1/3 of the way through the show. About 2/3 through the show, they introduce a 5th person into the mix. It can either be a guy or a girl that gets introduced. At the end, everyone has to pick who they liked the best.

I'm not 100% sure what channel it's on. I catch it before lunchtime. It might be on TBS.

5. Graeme Clark

They're all syndicated, so the channel will depend on your area.

6. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

Ohhhhhhh baby. The OFFICIAL Dating show thread is on!

Shipmates-I LOVE this show. There is SUCH a chance for cheap sex you have to watch. 3 days on a cruise ship together with alcohol? Sex occurs!

Blind Date-I love this show. The dates are kind of short, but I love seeing if they make out in the mini-van cab.

Dismissed-Kind of young for me. Everyone is SO good looking on this show. Yeah Right.

Rendezview-Greg Probst is HILARIOUS. His sidekick couldnt be MORE annoying though. VERY similiar to blind date.

Elimidate-I love this show because the girls are SO catty.

5th wheel-The host is annoying, and I feel like there is never any chemistry established between the couples.

Did I miss any?

7. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

i think Blinddate is quite funny.

BUt i got the reaction from women i work with that they dont seem to like it.

8. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I've seen shipmates a few times as well. It's kinda funny when the date doesn't work out that the people just kinda end up with other people. Or sometimes when they break it off, some poor guy ends up eating dinner by himself.

9. Graeme Clark

10. Larry Seno Jr.

11. Paul Jannatpour

Paul Jannatpour Auditioning

Gotta cast my vote for Shipmates as my favorite "dating" show. I think the fact that it takes place over the course of a few days can lead to some interesting tv. Blind Date can be fun but one bad date isn't the same as being stuck on a ship with someone for three days.

There are too many commercials in the last third of Blind Date - the Hall Of Shame footage lasts only about 20 seconds.

My girlfriend isn't really a fan of Shipmates but she lets me use her TiVo to record 5 episodes a week. She's a keeper...

12. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I was just watching Blind Date tonight and the dude from the Bissell commercials was on!

You know the guy biker guy who makes smoothies for all of his buddies. "Scotchguard protection, it's cool...."

BTW, he was a total ass on the show and his date made up an 8:00 curfew just to get away from him!

13. Larry Seno Jr.

My issue with Blind Date is that the show moves WAY too fast. There is effectively only 20 minutes of show time devoted to the date, and the rest is roger lodge bullshitting and then they have this new hall of shame. I liked the old version where there was 15 minutes of show time per date. Maybe they tried to cut it down to PURE scandal. Shipmates is a VASTLY superior show, because they almost always hook up.

14. StevenW

StevenW Second Unit

15. Steven L

Steven L Stunt Coordinator