What's new

Blind Comparisons of Various Audio Equipment (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
At MatrixHiFi you'll find various comparisons, some with graphs to illustrate certain key points of assorted equipment. Now the language isn't english, but if you've got the capability "right click" and translate, you should be able to make some sense out of it.

For example, in a comparison of the Halcro DM10 preamp ($15,990)

paired with the Mark Levinson No. 333 amplifier ($8,495)

it was found that the users could not distinguish that combination from the Denon PMA 860 ($unknown)

Now this doesn't mean that all the links on that page lead to a null result but you'll have to read to find out which products resulted in differences. Maybe the results will surprise some.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
they called the Flying Mole a Class-T

and I didn't understand the results of that comparison :)

... and, I'll be digging out that old Discman

Cagri

Second Unit
I have the understanding from what I have read' from what I know and from my limited experience that audio equipment which is beyond a certain quality and power treshold reproduces same sound.

It has been very easy to distinguish the sound difference when I added an entry level integrated amp to my low end, ages old receiver though (Denon AVR-1802.. does that still exist on earth ?) :)

Scott_N

Second Unit
Chu

It's been some time since i've been on this board and I see you're still tilting at windmills!:D Well keep up the fight though I will never agree.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks