What's new

Blind Buy (1 Viewer)

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
I am about to blind buy a couple of shows, can you guys give me your opinions on them, I love TV shows from the 60's-80's I'm looking for some insight on the following:
Mary Tyler Moore Show
I Dream of Jeannie
The Odd Couple
WKRP in Cincinatti

Also can you tell me whether the future looks bright for further releases please as I don't want to buy one, get into it only to find out it has been stopped on DVD. I know about MTM but I think four seasons is fine. Thanks guys

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I have S1-3 of Jeannie. I think that this one will complete with 2 more left but who can tell about Sony. I'd recommend Jeannie if you like 60's era comedies. If you like Bewitched, I think you'd like Jeannie. I preferred the B/W editions of this show.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I have Seasons 1-3 of Bewitched & Season 1 of I Dream of Jeanne with plans to get the other seasons that are available by the end of the year. I also have seasons 1 & 2 of The Flying Nun which I got for "FREE" (Thank You Daytona Auto Mall and Deep Discount :D ) I also plan to get Hogan's Heroes, Get Smart & F-Troop in the next few months.

IMO Sitcoms made before 1972 SMOKE all the Modern Ones!
;)

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I Dream of Jeannie is a great Blind Buy but I would highly recommend buying the black and white version of Season 1.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

:laugh: I own every single one of these sets that has been released thus far, with Bewitched S5 and Hogan's Heroes S6 on pre-order. I would second others' responses here and recommend that IDOJ and Odd Couple definitely be purchased. Am more ambivalent about MTM and WKRP.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
PASS ON WKRP ... IT CONTAINS CHOPPED AND HACKED EPISODES ...

Fox need to get their act together ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks