What's new

blew up old receiver, need new one (1 Viewer)

Dale T Hylton

Auditioning
My old receiver died when I hooked it up in my new house, that is prewired with speakers in 6 different rooms. I need a replacement receiver/amp that has enough power for all 6 rooms. Airplay would be great.I was looking at the Marantz SR7007. I think is some respects this is overkill because I have a desperate home theater room too and this will probably go there.Any suggestions appreciated.Oh and I will be hunting a good projector soon.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Every receiver ever made has enough "power" for 6 rooms(which, how many total speakers?).

How did you wire this?

Series?
Parallel(would explain the death)?
Speaker switch(if a cheap one without impedance matching, explains the death)?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Marantz receivers aren't exactly the best value out there. I think the 7007 is based on the Denon 3313 even though it's in a taller chassis and weights a pound or two more it's pretty much the same receiver. Don't get me wrong, I like Marantz receivers. They're very attractive and easy to setup and operate but at anywhere near full retail they're just not that good of a deal. I have a 6005 and a 5005 but they bought used or as a factory refurbished.

Dale T Hylton

Auditioning
Thanks for the advice. I didn't actually hook it up. This is a friends system, but they asked me for advice. I am a computer guy, so I said I'd inquire. The receiver was an old one, and I don't know how it was hooked up when it died.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks