Bleemcast - really worth it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Iain Lambert, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

The three games that Bleemcast! had running (Metal Gear Solid, Gran Tourismo 2 and Tekken 3) are certainly all good games, so for a non-PS owner I'd imagine that these emulators were well worth it. However, there is a Playstation sitting right next to my Dreamcast, and all three of them have been played on it (so I have some saves already). I was hoping some people with these would be able to help me - do you think its worth the hassle and expense of buying these at £10 each, getting a new VMU so I can save (do you need new VMU per game or can one hold saves for all three Bleemcast! titles?) and starting from scratch in the games just to get the better graphics the DC offers?

With Bleem dead and the DC becoming rare I can't imagine I can wait that much longer - help?

2. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

Well, I almost picked up Metal Gear Solid/Bleem pack at Fry's the other day. They now have a package that includes both the game and bleem disc for MGS, GT2, and Tekken.

If you already have the games and enjoy them as they are, I wouldn't do it as they only offer improved graphics and nothing else. I don't have any of the games so that is why I was considering it. But I have since decided to sell my DC so it;s a moot point.

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    definitely, its really neat playing a PSX game with such enhanced graphics... if you squint MGS1 looks kinad like MGS2! [​IMG]

4. Iain Lambert

I know, I'll give it a go with the MGS pack. Its probably the best of the three games (GT2 is a bit dry for me, and Tekken 3 requires multiplayer to be any good - difficult when my girlfriend doesn't like fighting games). Mind you, the main reason I don't play GT2 is that its so pig ugly as they try to get so much more out of the box than its really capable of - maybe this one will really help it.

5. Iain Lambert

OK, rude word time. The one place I knew that stocked these only has the Tekken 3 one left. Never mind...