What's new

Bleed throug problem with Sony ES receiver. Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Chris Rose

Auditioning
I purchased Sony STR-V333ES Receiver a while back when the local home stereo store was clearing them out. After setting the receiver up and getting it adjusted, I noticed that at low volume you could hear some bleed through on ALL of the speakers, sub included. From listening to it, the bleed through is surprisingly enough a Spanish radio station! Now I don't mind listening to Spanish radio but it really puts a damper on a really quiet dialog in a movie. I did a search and found this thread .... http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ighlight=bleed and it touched on the subject a bit. My situations differs though as the bleed through is constant no matter whether the input is active or not. All inputs are effected. I have went through and disconnected each input one at a time, each speaker one at a time and the antenna. No matter what I tried, even with nothing but one speaker and the power cord connected it will bleed through.

One other note, I have a cheap cordless phone in the basement and I did notice the other night that when I was talking to a friend that I am pretty sure that I could hear the same radio station in the background of the phone !!!???

Any Ideas???

I am at a loss. Grounding Problem?? Bad receiver?? I hate having to take the unit to the "local Sony Service Center", but do I have any other choice?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Chris

TimGregis

Grip
I had the same problem with my 5ES. only solution came from Sony replacing it. I recommend that you take it in to get fixed, Sony service will try to repair it and it'll more than likely come back broken still as mine did. Then they will most likely offer you a new one or your money back. Win Win situation.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Physically, how far are you from the radio station? Even if you are no where near it, how is it getting into your house? If it's in the phone too, I'm not convinced there is absolutely something wrong with the receiver...If the signal is strong enough, you are going to have a very difficult time of keeping it out of your system. There are many ways for strong stray radio frequencies to get into a home theater.

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
That would drive me crazy. I have a couple of tips but I am not sure if they will help. First off, go through your inputs and make sure you assign the proper digital connection for each input. For unused inputs, select the optical connection. Then, get some of those RCA caps like the ones linked.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...ame=RCA%20Caps

Are you sure you are not just getting crosstalk from within the receiver? If you switch to the radio on the receiver, is the channel it is on the one you hear? If not, that would rule out crosstalk within the unit. Also, it may be worth a shot to disconnect the phone jack. Do you have DirectTV? If you do and you have the phone jack for that connected, try unplugging that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks