What's new

Blazing Saddles SE - Specs (1 Viewer)

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Can someone here explain how Blazing Saddles is already being sold again on DVD as SE and not even one copy of High Anxiety has come out? Does Mel Brooks hate this film so much that it will never get released on DVD? There are no music copyright problems in this film unless High Anxiety is owned by someone other than Mel and they are holding up the release.

I guess most people here don't like High Anxiety since almost no one here has ever asked about it, but it is one of my favorite films.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor

That may be, but is it really sanctioned by Mel in Australia, or is it just a barebones edition with that box set?

Besides, the US market is different, why has he released all his other films and not High Anxiety in the US? I thought it was much better than History of the World or Spaceballs, and those 2 are on US DVD. Another fair response would be the negatives are damaged beyond repair and it will no be sold here.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
DVD File has a review up for the 30th Anniversary Special Edition. Surprisingly, a new commentary with Mel Brooks is not included. I was under the impression that a newly recorded, feature-length, screen-specific commentary track with Brooks would be on this disc. What is included is the 55 minute, non-screen-specific audio interview with Brooks from the current disc. So if you buy the 30th Anniversary SE, I guess you don't have to bother holding onto the current disc.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
DVD File has a review up for the 30th Anniversary Special Edition. Surprisingly, a new commentary with Mel Brooks is not included. I was under the impression that a newly recorded, feature-length, screen-specific commentary track with Brooks would be on this disc. What is included is the 55 minute, non-screen-specific audio interview with Brooks from the current disc. So if you buy the 30th Anniversary SE, I guess you don't have to bother holding onto the current disc.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I saw nothing on that review comparing the pq with the current dvd. :frowning: Hopefully it'll be better, but I'm awaiting confirmation of that.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I saw nothing on that review comparing the pq with the current dvd. :frowning: Hopefully it'll be better, but I'm awaiting confirmation of that.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Ditto!

(I can't believe it took months to get this response in the thread, Steve left hanging there for anyone to take).

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Ditto!

(I can't believe it took months to get this response in the thread, Steve left hanging there for anyone to take).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks