Blaze VGA for PS2: Any good?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jesse Blacklow, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

I found a thread about the VGA adapter for the DC, and the PQ difference it can make. I found out that one of the companies (Blaze) also makes a VGA adapter for the PS2. Does anybody have this? Is it any good? Would you suggest it for use with a LCD projector?

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I highly doubt it'll be true VGA.. IM guessing its just a line doubler of some sort to upconvert it to 480p...

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I have the Redant VGA adapter for PS2. It's just a line doubler and doesn't do true de-interlacing in the digital domain. However it works very good and the video shows up on my monitor without any problems. The quality is noticeably not as good as the DC adapter but it's not horrible either.

I'd be willing to sell it if you need one, I use a capture card now if I need to play on the monitor. If you're interested lmk.

4. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Scott L:

After reading some threads on the AVS forum, I'm actually going to do the same thing, and run my PS2 and LD player through a capture card with DScaler. Thanks anyway.

5. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

I posted a thread about this thing but nobody responded. It's not a line doubler. It works with a boot disc to trick the PS2 to unlock VGA output in certain games. The literature says it outputs a 640x400 image. It's only compatible with certain games that run in high res. But I don't have one so I don't know how well it works in practice.

6. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Brad- I bought a retail Redant VGA adapter and it came with no boot disc and the image is very line-doubled. I have Tekken 4 which can throw out a 480p signal but the Redant won't even recognize it. In progressive mode all I see is a black screen. [​IMG]

7. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Blaze has a new VGA box that does come with a boot disk and reportedly wrangles a high res image out of the PS2 in certain games.

Here's a link: Play Asia's product page.