What's new

Blaze VGA for PS2: Any good? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I found a thread about the VGA adapter for the DC, and the PQ difference it can make. I found out that one of the companies (Blaze) also makes a VGA adapter for the PS2. Does anybody have this? Is it any good? Would you suggest it for use with a LCD projector?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I highly doubt it'll be true VGA.. IM guessing its just a line doubler of some sort to upconvert it to 480p...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I have the Redant VGA adapter for PS2. It's just a line doubler and doesn't do true de-interlacing in the digital domain. However it works very good and the video shows up on my monitor without any problems. The quality is noticeably not as good as the DC adapter but it's not horrible either.

I'd be willing to sell it if you need one, I use a capture card now if I need to play on the monitor. If you're interested lmk.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Scott L:

After reading some threads on the AVS forum, I'm actually going to do the same thing, and run my PS2 and LD player through a capture card with DScaler. Thanks anyway.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
I posted a thread about this thing but nobody responded. It's not a line doubler. It works with a boot disc to trick the PS2 to unlock VGA output in certain games. The literature says it outputs a 640x400 image. It's only compatible with certain games that run in high res. But I don't have one so I don't know how well it works in practice.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Brad- I bought a retail Redant VGA adapter and it came with no boot disc and the image is very line-doubled. I have Tekken 4 which can throw out a 480p signal but the Redant won't even recognize it. In progressive mode all I see is a black screen. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks