What's new

Blaze - aspect ratio? (1 Viewer)

Terry H

Second Unit
This movie is released tommrrow and I cannot find any info on the AR of the movie. IMdB is a blank. For that matter, most places don't have the AR of the dvd either. :frowning: DVD Empire shows 1.85:1 (for the dvd) but I don't know how accurate they are. Any info?

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't say DVDEmpire is always correct but most of the time they have the right information. However I do wonder if the DVD is anamorphic as stated on their website. Unfortunately with Buena Vista you don't know what to expect, and I do question the accuracy of that information at DVDEmpire since Buena Vista has been releasing some non-anamorphic titles.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Greg_S_H,

Forgive me if I don't believe all the information on the DVD cover. Buena Vista has also mislabled packaging about DVDs being anamorphic that are not. One such title I own that comes to mind is the Color of Money. And a few recent releases by Buena Vista make me wary of Blaze being enhanced for 16x9 televisions even though the back of the cover claims that it is. Can anyone that purchased the DVD confirm it is anamorphic?

Terry H

Second Unit

I was shocked that Best Buy actually had this in stock for $9.99. I couldn't say no. Yes, it is anamorphic. :)

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I'm happy the DVD is anamorphic but how is the video and audio quality? Looks like the disc could be worth upgrading from my laserdisc, and can't complain about the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks