What's new

blank dvd questions (for Panasonic players) (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I just received my first dvd recorder as a present for my birthday, and I don't want to make a mistake and buy poor blanks that ruin the machine (I've heard these Panasonics can be "temperamental" when it comes to certain disks).

I have a DMR-E75V model, and now have two separate questions about blank DVD-R disks:

1) I heard TDK disks work well with these players, and can get a good deal on a pack of them. But they are 8x disks, and I've heard you should only use 4x on these players. Does anyone know one way or the other on the compatibility of the TDK 8x and a Panasonic recorder?

2) I have also heard that Office Depot -R disks are great because they are really Ritek (spelling?) disks and those are supposed to work wonderfully. But I've also heard not all "Office Depot" -R disks are actually Ritek. If that's true, how would I know the difference and avoid buying a poor brand of blank disk?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary "I'm gun shy because I've read so many horror stories about disks destroying new machines" O.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I own two Panasonic E80's and a JVC M10S and have been buying my DVD-R's from www.shp4tech.com. I have found the brand does not seem to matter because they are probably made by the same manufacturer.

I buy whatever is on sale and have experienced very good results. I have purchased Ritek, Optodisc and now have been using Sonic. The Sonic's are selling for $32.00 per hundred for inkjet printable.

I beleive there are two or three manufacturers of DVD-R's in China and the brand name is meaningless. My advise is buy whatever DVD-R is on sale and don't get hung up in brand names.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Gary just bought a Panny DMR-E95HS and it won't accept the TDK (8X) DVD-R's I bought at Best Buy. I was unaware that there was still a compatibility issue with these recorders. This sux! :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks