What's new

Blair Witch Project 3 Confirmed (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Terrell, you're focusing far too much on box office. Especially with low budget horror, the real money in movies nowadays is on video and selling the cable rights (they have to fill those hours on all those Showtime and Cinemax channels somehow). Even if it were a complete and unmitigated disaster at the box office, not drawing dollar one, Jason X would still make money, because of sales of these rights (or what it will make on them). But it won't be a disaster, because it's part of a franchise, and some folks will see it just based on the name recognition. Or in this case, possibly because it's such a whacked concept.

Think about Fellowship of the Rings: in order for New Line to break even on its $100M costs, all it had to draw was $30M at the box office. Everything else was covered by presales of video and distribution rights. They made that back in 2 days in the theater. The box office is not where the real money lies any more, and to think about movie profitability solely in those terms is not getting the whole picture.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you couldn't have paid me to see blair 2 after i saw blair 1.
no one yet has been able to convince me that a movie about a bunch of stupid kids running around in the woods, being afraid of sticks and an empty old house was scary or good.i never saw a movie that was more about nothing then that one.
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I'll see BW3 because the original director's are working on it. Now, while some people may not enjoy/appreciate this film I for one am anticipating part 3. Yes, part 2 was a pile o' crap, but the original director's wouldn't touch that one with a 10-foot pole.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I just wish films like Friday the 13th and Halloween would go with the Bond series naming idea, where each has it's own unique name.
The Ax that Split Me.
You Only Die Twice.
The Man with the Golden Ax.
Octalives (since Jason seems to have 8 or 9 of em)
:D

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I'll pass on it to. What I'd like to see is some different horror films made, some with some creativity.
That's what alot of us are asking for out of Star Wars too here recently . . . just kidding . . . kinda :)
ANYWAY, back to Blair Witch. I'm wondering if this third film is going to follow their original plan. Back when BW1 had just come out and they were talking about sequels they talked about BW2 and then said the third one was going to be a "prequel" that showed the origins of the Blair Witch herself -- so it would be a period piece. I'm just wondering if that is still the plan or not. I have mixed feelings about that idea, but we'll see what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks