What's new

Bladerunner symbolism, may contain spoilers... (1 Viewer)

Andrew Jones

Auditioning
Well I don't think this particular post is a spoiler... but answers might be.

Throughout the film there is reference to the "eye". I've read the Bladerunner FAQ which lists lots of them, but I wonder exactly what all this symbolism is about. Whats the point of it, is there some hidden meaning or message or connection with the surface plot? Its great that web pages point out the references but I've never seen it explained. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
I always took it to be related to the 'the eye is the window to the soul' phrase. That the replicants are so human-esque, yet their eyes can still give them away. Which is why the eyes are so important to the Voight-Kampff testing etc.

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
"Little, uh, dirty holes they, uh, drill in the walls so they can watch a lady undress.":D
I go with the window to the soul explanation, plus Phillip K. Dick stressed the importance of the eyes in the Voight-Kampf test in the book.
Take notice of the Owls eyes...

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I am tired of people worried about spoilers for 20 year old movies.
There are many people who visit the Forum that were not around when the movie came out and may not have grown up with the film like myself. (and I'm assuming yourself..)
I know my Nephews haven't seen it yet... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks