What's new

Blade Trinity Review? (1 Viewer)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Just wondering if HTF is going to review this movie or not. It's coming out today and wanted an opinion from you guys. Actually I haven't seen to many DVD reviews of this movie yet. Kinda weird don't you think?

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
DVD Talk and IGN both have reviews up for it. I'm buying it today regardless since I actually enjoyed this flick in the theater. I'd like to see HTF review it anyway though.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The reason HTF does not have a review posted
is because we are in a reviewer transition with
New Line Cinema.

Michael Elliott was our New Line reviewer.
He has been replaced by Matt Stone whom we
are currently setting up an account with the
studio.

These transitions take time and unfortunately
it came during the release of Blade Treinity.

Our apologies.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Will the review still come after the fact? Because I know I've gone back to the archival sections a few times to check out a purchase of an older DVD.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Plus I got to tell you Ron, I loved the review you have of Blade II. There was alot of buzz in 2002 with that DVD. In fact, I feel that one should be in the top 10 most anticipated DVD's.

That might be a stretch, but it's close. That's what makes Blade III release kind of a let down. Not just here, but most sites have overlooked it.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't comment on that. However, DVD-Basen only has 3 reviews out for it. Blade II at this time had at least 15.

I guess the novelty is wearing thin with HD-DVD on the horizon...:frowning:

Ralph Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
I caught the movie in the theater, and it's not nearly as good as the first two installments. There's really not a whole lot to say about it. The movie is noisy and resembles a hyperactive music video. The primary villain lacks bite. Snipes apparently didn't even want to be in the movie and clashed with the cast and crew. On the plus side, Jessica Biel makes good eye candy, Ryan Reynolds does what he can to make things entertaining, and there are a couple of funny gags. I think a documentary about the making of this movie could be a lot more interesting than the movie itself, though.

This third Blade entry reminded me a lot of another recent vampire flick, one that starred Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale. Not exactly a good thing.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ralph, compared to Van Helsing, Blade Trinity is a cinemetic masterpiece. Against the other two flicks, it's subpar.

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
just seen it and I don't think that this movie's soundtrack is nothing of what blade II was and I was looking forward to hearing the dts es track and was left rather disappointed. Video was good. Can't say much about the film itself.

Chris Huber

Second Unit
Funny, I liked the 3 installment alot more then the last 2...

It had Comedy, which worked really well. 2 other main actors (with Blade) which it needed because snipes can't act that well. Actual Daylight sceens, which I missed in the 1st 2. Great fight sceens.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Just saw the first half last night. I'm not sure what to think of it. The whole time I'm thinking it could be better. It's by no means a bad movie, I was enjoying it, but it didn't feel "Blade" if that makes sense.

I actually like the good guys and not crazy about the casting of the bad. Park Posey? Wow, she look like utter poo. I mean maybe that was the point, but good lord!

Did anyone else think that Wesley Snipes has lost some weight since the last installment? Didn't look as buff. He is gettin older so what are ya gonna do?

Anyway, I will watch it in it's entirety this weekend, hopefully the later half gets better.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Hey, here's another review for Trinity. He didn't like the movie but loved the transfer:

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/showreview.php3?ID=7328[/url]

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
Can anyone comment on which version to watch first? The unrated version or the theatrical cut? I interviewed director David Goyer about this ongoing annoyance (dual releases) for DVD ETC. Magazine, and he suggested I start with the theatrical. Agreements? Disagreements? Which cut is better? I'm not going to buy both, that's for sure.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Greg,

The Unrated version dvd features both cuts of the film in anamorphic widescreen. And the R-Rated dvd features the theatrical cut in both full-screen and widescreen. One more thing I should add is that they both cost the same. :D

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Of course, this wasn't an "I want to paint the town red, Dracula". It was one who wanted to remove himself from the world and all the gung-ho vampires out there. I thought Purcell's performance was spot-on for the character written. Not your typical over-the-top villain or super-villain which was a nice change of pace.

Imagine how pissed Snipes would have been if the villain took as much attention away from him as the sidekicks did.:)

I definitely want to know more about the Unrated cut (my DVD should be here any day now). I just presumed there would be more violence. Seems strange the director would recommend the theatrical first. It's not that fresh in my mind anymore. If I watch the Unrated cut, I may not notice all the differences. And I rarely have the time or desire to watch two versions of the same movie in close succession. Guess I'll watch the Unrated first, and if I hate it go back to the theatrical thereafter. Much like I did with "Butterfly Effect."

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Well, I took advantage of the Best Buy Reward Zone 2 for $20 and bought Blade's 1 and 3. With that in mind, my review for Blade: Trinity goes like this. I can't believe I spent $17 on Blade 1 when I could've probably bought it for $10.

Watching B3 was like watching a straight to video film. I really wasn't all that impressed with the sound or picture quality either. I don't hate the movie, but after the first two, this was a major step backwards. I should've known as soon as I saw the actor who seems to only appear in crappy movies, that this was in trouble. I'm referring to the guy who played "Raiden" in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, the DEA agent in 2 Fast 2 Furious, and the FBI agent in Blade 3. (Just looked it up, James Remar.)

As with all blind purchases I've made, you win some, you lose some.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks